Friday, February 5, 2016

I give...

I'm throwing my hands up.
I could make a list a MIIIIIILLLLLEEE long of all the stuff I have to do in a day. 
Between 5 kids...it's never ending. Lunches, baths, dishes, laundry, wiping faces, homework, soccer practice, horseback riding, dinner...for real. I could go on and on and on. 
I'm also one of those people who can't go to sleep until all the dishes are in the dishwasher (I mean, who can sleep with dishes in the sink...besides my husband?) 
I have so much MOM GUILT because I WANT to take care of me (ya know, running, self care, etc) but just when I THINK I have a free minute to work on self care, all I can think about is scrubbing my kitchen floor or cleaning the bathroom sink. 
So, after much consideration and prompting from a good friend, I decided to hire a house keeper. Mind you, Michelle has been on me to do this for almost a year, but I kept making excuses...I mean, I work from HOME. I should be able to do everything. What a waste of money...
however...Lori came yesterday and spent 4 hours cleaning the crap out of my kitchen, bathrooms, tidying and vacuuming and guess what. That was 3 hours of uninterrupted work and 1 hour of self care. BOOM....and my house....FREAKING SPOTLESS!
Totally worth it. 
I thought I was going to feel like a failure because I'm not super mom...however, I'm feeling better because I'm realizing that I can't do everything, and my house is going to still be standing if I ask for help. I did hear from someone..."that's almost going to be $xxx a month..." and my thought is...well that's 16 hours of time a month that I'm saving...and my time is precious. It's 16 hours I can spend with my kids, or 16 hours I can catch up with friends, or 16 hours that I can exercise! I mean, 16 hours is almost a FULL DAY of time. 
This new year/new me means that I'm going to ask for help and accept it when it comes. What do you do to make sure you get the help you need?

No comments: