Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day...take that:)

I wanted to start this post off with a picture that I finally was able to get from Kalamazoo 1/2 marathon...



I kind of love it A LOT! hehehe. regardless...I'VE FINALLY BEEN CLEARED TO RUN!!!!! YEA!!!!! Seriously, I never thought that being unable to run for 8 weeks would be not only physically challenging but mentally challenging as well. I thought I was seriously going to go crazy!! So, now that I can finally lace up my running shoes again, I was given one set of orders...GO SLOW. Wow. That's pretty stinking hard. My therapist said no more than a 1/2 mile every other day for the first week. Seriously? It takes more time to get dressed than to actually run around the block once. But for now, I will take every bit of running I can get.




Which brings us to today...NATIONAL RUNNING DAY!!! Tonight we decided to make our run a FAMILY event...yep, that means that not only myself and my husband, but AJ, Miss Moe and Baby Jack all laced up their running shoes and we went for a run. (Okay, so I may have had to bribe them with ice cream, but at least they were moving, right??) It's 1/2 mile to the ice cream place and a half mile home...and we all finished our mile in about 15 minutes. I really wanted a picture of all of us running together, but these will have to do for now.



I had fun running with my family. Miss Moe and I ran for awhile talking about running...she ran a race last weekend and won a medal...she was pretty excited and I was pretty proud. I'm hoping to run a 5K again with her soon:) She keeps me on my toes and says the most random hilarious things always.




I hope everyone enjoyed National running Day and got out there... now for me...off to sleep.. GYRO!

Erika and the monkeys

1 comment:

Redhead Running said...

I'm so happy you are back at it! Isn't it so ridiculous how excited you can get for a half a mile after so long?!?!? Keep up the good work and stick to the plan. It takes awhile to get back up to a meaningful distance but you don't risk re-injury and that is what really matters!