Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heaven and Hell: Vegas adventures

Better late than never!
Here's the recap of our Heaven and Hell wedding and race adventures from Las Vegas!

We flew into Vegas late Friday night. After being up for 25 hours plus, I was eager to crash, but my friend who flew in from chicago called and was excited to see us so we waited up for her. When she arrived, she had in tow MY MOM and Connie, another great friend! I was so so shocked. I couldn't believe my mom was there as she had been telling me all along that she wasn't able to come! Saturday morning we woke up early, picked up our marriage license, hit up the race expo, ventured around, ate a yummy mexican lunch and I headed back to the room to meet Trish who was coming to do my hair and makeup. She showed up and can I just tell you that this chick was AWESOME! She did such an amazing job! Then I headed off to the chapel to become Mrs. Kilcher. After our meet and greet (did I mention my husband looked so handsome?) we headed out for pictures on the strip. I'm posting below some of my favorite shots. :)










It was so so fun!!! The next day we woke up and bummed around waiting for our race. I had made us these super cute outfits as we were planning on running together:) Sadly, I didn't get a single picture of us during the race, but I think we were pretty cute!

When we got to the start line, it started to set in that this race was not set up well. Granted, I just ran Chicago a few months ago, but even the start line felt squishy. I also was not prepared for how cold out it was...my short sleeve shirt and capris were not cutting it in the 40 degree weather. Once the race started, I remember I kept saying, "it will be better when it thins out a little." Much like Chicago, it never thinned out. I found myself running into people, jumping curbs, triping on stuff in the street. The part where you run down "the strip" was kind of fun, but the scary, very dark back part (mile 6-10) were kind of scary and not so much fun. My favorite part was seeing my family at mile 11! This was the first time my mom has ever been to a race, so I thought that was pretty special. My other favorite part was when Tim and I crossed the finish line hand-n-hand. Love this. Our time was 2:30...not my best, not my worst, but one of my favorites for who I was with <3!
We bummed around Monday, saw a show, ate lots of yummy food, did some shopping and gambling and headed home Tuesday. It was such a great time aside from the kind of crappy race. I wouldn't run it again unless the streets were wider and the finish line was set up better. Did you run Vegas? What did you think?
Looking forward to being back to blogging when I start my new training plan 1-1-12!






11 comments:

bobbi said...

Congrats again - what a gorgeous couple you make! :)

Zaneta said...

LOVE it!! Congrats!! Your pictures are beautiful!! You both look so happy and in love! :)

H Love said...

love the black and white shot!! CONGRATS!!!!!

H Love said...

love the black and white shot!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Christine said...

Congratulations!!! The pictures are fantastic and both of you look so happy :)

Morgan said...

Gorgeous pics and congrats again chica!!!! :)

Missy said...

Your pictures are beautiful and congratulations again! You seem really happy!

kaydi327 said...

You look beautiful and so happy- I'm so happy for you. Yay! LOVE the shoes!!

-Katie @ Legally Fit

Colleen said...

Yay for a new blog post!! I have missed your posts!! Congrats again to you and Tim!!!!

Nicki said...

These are such great pictures -- you are beautiful!!!!

Michelle Dragoo said...

Congrats! Beautiful photos, and you look so blissfull!