Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the lost has been found?

I received a text message today from one of my oldest and best friends today that stated:

Tomorrow is August 24. Your last blog post was July 24th. How is a girl supposed to know about your life?!? :)

Well, Jo...this one's just for you!!!

Where or where have I been?? Running, chasing monkeys, making the most of every minute I have! Enjoying what is left of summer (boo that it's almost over) and preparing for fall. How does a girl prepare for fall??? With a new hair color! That's right, I've been rocking it red. It was weird at first, but it's kind of growing on me. What do you think?


Some other really fun things I've been doing:

Last weekend Tim and I went to see billy Currington, Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney...two words...fricken awesome!!!
I totally suggest you snap up a ticket to see this tour if it comes near you!!!


We also took the monkeys to a lugnuts game: super fun minus Maddie's multiple meltdowns...for some reason I thought those ended at 3, but I'm guessing that her 6 year old attitude sometimes just can't fit in her 4 slim jeans.

This week I've been preparing for my first trail race! I'll be leaving Friday and I'm off to Manistee to tackle the North Country Trail Run. I've got a super cute race outfit that I'll be rocking...did I mention that there are going to be about 60 of us camping?? Epic adventures with amazing friends!! Nicole and I have decided that we are going to run the entire race together and take a camera with us...since we are only running the half and will be waiting for the marathon and ultra marathoners in the kiddie pool, while the keg floats in the other kiddie pool. I can't fricken wait!

On a running note, I've decided that I will be running the grand Rapids full this october. There is also a chance that I have an entry to Chicago, so I may be running the week before grand rapids. I'm really excited about GR though because my kids will be coming to cheer for me, and they have never been to watch a race before. I'm so excited to share with them something that I love so much (and I'm kind of hoping they will be able to cross the finish line with me:) But, we shall see!!

Off to bed, have to take Jack to his first dentist appointment tomorrow:) How are ya'll doing??
GYRO!
PS If running the dawn is reading this...I can't comment on your blog:( I miss you though! How's it going?


6 comments:

bobbi said...

I am really hoping to spectate chicago - PLEASE let me know if you run it!!

LOVE the red!

Johann said...

Yay for your first trail race! Having a relaxed race will be the best way of doing it. Having your kids cheer for you will be awesome. My son has been part of my running and racing since he was born. I feel sad and empty if he is not at a race.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Glad to see you back! Love the hair.

You will love your trail race and the kiddie pools at the end sound pretty sweet too.

Leslie Collins said...

SO stinkin' jealous you went to see Kenny!!! It fell on Ruby's 2nd birthday and two years ago, it was on her due date!!! I did have the chance to go to the Poet's and Pirates tour. Hope you had fun!!!

Missy said...

Welcome back Ericka! Your hair color looks awesome! Beautiful! Looks like you are having tons of fun!
Always miss your fun posts!

Colleen said...

I love your red hair! And I am so glad you are having a fabulous summer :). Definitely need to go for a run soon!