Monday, June 27, 2011

Awwwww Snap.

Who had the most amazing week??
That would be myself and the EPIC running group. SO MUCH FUN!
I headed to Charlovix on Friday night after work with one of my running buddies Sami. We had planned on staying with our running group in one of the peeps "cottage"...later described as a "modest 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom water front property"...um. We pulled up to the cutest biggest house ever. With and AMAZING VIEW!!! Insert side note: Their idea of cottage is my idea of mansion:) Here's the view from their path to the lake...


So sweet, right??
Anyways...Friday night I went to bed feeling confident that I was going to have an amazing run. I even dreamed that I ran a 2:02 and was dying and out of breath the whole time! I woke up laughing thinking, that will NEVER happen...but maybe it's a good sign. It wasn't as cold as it was supposed to be, but it was still chilly and I forgot my throw away shirt. Ah hell. Regardless, we headed out to Charlovix and prepared for the start. We snapped a few pictures...we all wore orange in honor of kate's birthday!

Here's the group that ran the half...or most of us! The other half of us had already started the marathon an hour earlier!
Lining up to start, I was so calm. My only thought, make this race my bitch. it's supposed to beautiful! It's an out and back, which I normally hate, but was excited to run out the bike path along the lake. I decided to start slowly...we ran the first couple miles around 10:15 miles or so. I felt great. legs light. Normal breathing. At mile 2 I came upon this chic and took a picture...she totally motivated me!

My friend Sami had decided that she was going to try and pace me which was awesome...mile 4-6 we picked it up for 9:30 ish miles...did I mention the amazing water stations?? They had one every 1 1/2 miles which was AWESOME!! It was a competition and you voted for your favorite at the end of the race, so some were decorated with candy, water, music, etc. Totally rocked my world. Right when we get out to mile 6 1/2 where the turn around is, it totally opened up and you could see the most amazing sights!!! The next mile was hard because I didn't realize that the last mile was all downhill, and now I was running uphill for a mile straight. Kind of killer. Slowed down to 10:17 or so. The rest of the race is kind of a blur except I just kept thinking, "oh my goodness, I can totally PR if I don't walk at all..." and ya know what? This is my first race ever where I didn't have to stop and walk. WIN! The last mile I tried to pick it up and the last 1/4 of a mile Sami ran with me and and video taped a hilarious video for me (sadly, I haven't been able to upload it yet:() But...I managed to PR this half.
Official Time: 2:12:50
So fricken excited!!
Here's a few pics of some of our group Thank you Sami for being a great pace coach!!!!
All the girls!
waiting as the EPIC crew claimed all of their awards!



Finished up and waited around for the other runners and then had to wait for people to get their awards before we headed out to get pizza and beer...check out this most amazing beer sample EVER!
We then headed home and grilled out, watched the sunset and had a bonfire on the beach. SO much fun, such a great time!!!

This race gave me a lot of confidence about possibly training for Vegas. I'm meeting with my performance coach tomorrow and a nutritionist tomorrow to see what I can put together over the next few months...I'll keep you posted as to what they say!

How did you do this weekend??
GYRO!



8 comments:

bobbi said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

You CAN do Vegas! YOU CAN!

Nicole said...

amazing amazing job sis! I'm so proud of you!!!!!! :) :) :)

Christine said...

Congratulations!!!! Sounds the like the perfect race :) You are ready for Vegas!!!

Colleen said...

I agree with Bobbi! You so can do Vegas! Great job E!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Awww, this is awesome! Rad! So cool! I've really enjoyed the word rad again lately. :) Great job! And the beer sample looks so wonderful!!

Jessie said...

Um AWESOME!!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Congrats on an amazing job!

Which "water stop" won?

Missy said...

Looks like tons of fun, yall look great!