Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend wrap up and the count down is on...

Whew...that was a BUSY weekend. My sweet Ayden Joe turned 8 on Saturday! I can hardly believe it! But before we could celebrate his birthday, we started at the church with the celebration of his first communion! He looked so handsome and did such an amazing job! Afterwards, we headed to a local pizza joint for some pizza, games and birthday cake! Here are a few snap shots from the day...




This is AJ's little man that he made for his communion cloth!




This is his "girlfriend"...he's in LOVE with her which is so cute and hilarious!

Ayden wants pokemon and family pictures on his cake...



AJ with his God parents...Uncle Nate and Lizzie...thank you for spending the day with us!


It was such an amazing and blessed weekend! I am so very proud of my little man!


On the running front...my back to back half marathons are right around the corner...literally next weekend, and I must say I am cautiously optimistic...I have been getting a few miles a week under my belt, and on Friday Nicole and I ran 10 miles...that was my farthest run to date, and honestly, besides being super salty, felt pretty damn good...and I was able to keep right around 10 mile a minute pace which is stellar and most likely thanks to Nicole for keeping me going:)


Let the count down begin...6 days until race day!!

We did try out our new racing capris...although we didn't try out our glitter skirts...I really liked them, but Colie didn't so I'm not sure what we are going to do about our Cleveland race outfits...I may rock mine anyways cuz it is SO flipping cute!! EEKKKK!




GYRO!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

we will see how things go... you may have to suffer in those F&*King pants by yourself & ill rock shorts! :) LOVE YOU

Missy said...

Love the outfits, so glad that Nicole is okay, I read her recap and that was so scary, she's lucky that you were together!

Emz said...

ok best cake ever.
and those tights - those tights.....freaking awesome.

btw-twitter name is @runemz
[I think] if it's not it's emze, I'm so new to all of this social media stuff. ;)

Johann said...

You have good reason to be proud! I can see why this was such a good weekend. Take it easy the days before the race!

Julie said...

Cute pictures! Your kids/monkeys are adorable:) I know how crazy life can get...we just keep pluggin away.

Have a great week!

bobbi said...

those capris!! so CUTE!

and so's your little big man :)

runningthedawn.com said...

LOVE the race outfits. and i'm super glad you were there when nicole was feeling so sick! scary.

can't wait to see you guys this weekend!