Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dash of this, splash of that and 100 followers!

Hi folks!! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!! We did nothing but a whole lot of hanging out, prepping the pool, and enjoying the sunshine rainy weather...but we did get a little bit of sun once the tornado like winds went by:)
My monkeys decided that they wanted to go swimming...did I mention that the pool is roughly 50 degrees?? Um yea. Jump in kiddos:)

Did I mention that I have the BEST video...but I'm having trouble getting my phone to upload it:( Damn technology. Jack wasn't quite feeling jumping all the way in on Saturday, but by Monday he was flopping around the steps like a fish, jumping in and swimming with his new nemo float!

This week was my first week back to work after 12 weeks off...whew. I'm working a new schedule and it's been quite an adjustment. I only overslept 1 day (I set my alarm for 4:30 pm, whoops!) but this schedule I'm working has left me whooped. I'm working 2 12-hour shifts, 2 8-hour shifts with Tuesdays off. Which it is soooo nice to have a day off during the week, but my 2 long shifts that are 6am to 7 pm are LONG...and I'm trying to find out where the heck my running time/strength training is supposed to fit in.
I've managed to workout on my lunch hour at least 3 times a week, but like tonight after a strength training workout, it's only 10 and I'm ready to pass out. Lucky for me I have tomorrow off, and I'll be traveling to Greek Town to visit one of my good college friends from Dallas and I'm so excited!! Should be good fun!
The only thing I'm missing the most from not working is all the special time I got to spend with Jack Jack. Man, that little monkey is growing like a weed! And this, my friends, is my most FAVORITE age EVER! They are so smart, so cute, so funny, and super stubborn!! He now has to have a say in EVERYTHING! including his clothes, food, shoes, etc. Last week, he rocked cowboy boots and a cowboy hat all week!! This week, he has been toting Elmo everywhere. <3 him!
Friday night I'll be leaving for the Hall of fame to Notre Dame half marathon with the EPIC running club from kalamazoo. I'm sooo stoked! I ran this race last year (and it was awful, the worst race, crappiest course, hottest weather, and lamest expo), but decided to sign up yesterday because of all the AMAZING people who are going!!! It's about having fun with friends, right?? Pray that the weather God does NOT send us 80 degree, 100% humidity weather this year, and those pesky ITband monsters stay away!

By the way...I finally hit 100 followers!!! Thank you Jodi, I will be sending you a super special gift for being one of the greatest friends EVER!! To all my running friends, I'm getting my giveaway stuff together and hope to post my fueling giveaway this week sometime!!
Thank you! I'm feeling the bloggy love!! If you're a newer follower, please leave a comment so I can stop by your blog!!

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! GYRO!

7 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

yay on the 100! I'm buried in there somewhere.

Cari Mugz said...

Swimming was the best this weekend YAY YOU for 100 followers!!! :)

B.o.B. said...

those are some long days! i don't know how u do it all. god bless ya! have a great time with your friend and good luck at your upcoming race. :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

How in the world do you manage everything with that kind of work schedule and your monkeys?!?! Seriously I think I could learn a thing or two from the kind of schedule you keep!

Congrats on hitting 100!

Missy said...

Okay so you have the cutest kids! And yay for 100 followers! I'm almost to 50, woohoo!

R Hacker said...

I have been following your blog for a little while and I'm in awe of how you do everything! Thanks for being to motivating, too!

Karen said...

Congrats on 100 followers!!! :0) Swimming sounds really cold but looks like a lot of fun! :0)