Sunday, May 22, 2011

30 Flirty and Thriving...

Geesh. I can't believe I turned 30 yesterday. I still remember carrying my trapper keeper and rocking my LA gears with 2 different laces and socks and thinking 30 was right up there with dinosaur age...and now it's here??!? YIKES!
But...I had an amazing birthday.
Here's a quick run down...
-Jack, knowing it was my birthday, decided to cry for the first hour of the day! Awww...thank you sweet boy!
-BUT THE SUN WAS SHINING!! WIN!
-On to Miss Maddie's soccer game. This I've been excited to see because I missed her game last week b/c of Cleveland. Did I mention that she had to wear a skirt and dangly earrings last week??? Hehe, I did get her in shorts this week, but she still insisted on the earrings.
-After that, enjoyed 3 games of softball (my mom is a varsity coach and they were playing in a local tourney!) Where my bestest RB Nicole came to eat lunch with me and brought me the sweetest gift ever! A gift card for a ROAD ID!!! Win! I can't wait to head over and pick out my new bracelet. Do you have a Road ID? What's your favorite?

-Off to an amazing burger joint for an olive burger and my favorite drink!!!


I would have taken a picture of this burger, but I obviously inhaled it before I thought to take a pic. It was good. Trust me.
-Later in the day home to share a glass of wine with Miss Ali and off to Outback to meet friends and family! Great food, great conversation where my other running friends said they were running Hall of Fame June 4th?!? WHAT! This is the race we ran together last year and it was so much fun. You better believe I'm signing up TODAY for the half marathon!!! AND I AM STOKED!!!
-Bonfire, more friends and family...lots of laughs, a little flippy cup and an amazing time.
I am so blessed.

On a running front, I've decided to not put a "race schedule" together. When I want to run a race, I'll look for one. Oddly enough, I've been looking A LOT! So I'm excited to say I will be running a half June 4th, and I've signed up for the North Country Trail Race Aug 27. This will be my first ever trail run and I'm excited for it! After talking to Timmis, it's been decided that I need to get some trail shoes. Do you run trails? If so, what kind of shoes do you love?? I'm hoping to take the rest of my birthday money and head to the running store this week sometime!

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!
Off for a run!
GYRO!



6 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday!!! Glad it was a good one!! :0) Yay for a RoadID! I'm waiting on mine to arrive in the mail - I ordered the Elite in pink! :0)

Nicole said...

Glad you had a great birthday!!! :) Love you sis! <3

Cari Mugz said...

I LOVED my trapper keeper!! Happy Happy Birthday!

Missy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Welcome to the Dirty Thirty Club!

Colleen said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!!!! :-D

We need to hang out soon!

Amanda@runninghood said...

A belated happy 30th to you!! I inhale my food too! :) Don't have the patience to take many pictures of my food before I eat it. :)