Monday, April 18, 2011

5K fail and rooting for Boston!

My first 8k/5K of the season for me...was a no show. I woke up Saturday morning to freezing rain and cold weather...and decided my bed was a much better alternative. It would have been different if I didn't still have on this big ridiculous sling, but I didn't want to get it soaking wet and be screwed the rest of the day with a soggy sling:/
Well...tomorrow is the big day. I finally go back to the drs and am hoping that I get the clearance to resume somewhat of a normal life. I'm still not sure if I'm going to be able to go to work, but I really need to lace up my running shoes and get moving. Back to back half's are right around the corner and I have some serious work to do. I did finally find some new running shoes...aren't they bright??

I can't wait to lace these puppies up and take them for a spin!
I was super excited when I woke up today because of all my fellow friends and bloggers running Boston! Then I looked out the window and saw roughly 3 inches of snow. WTF? So I decided to barricade myself in the house, made a cup of french vanilla coffee with vanilla-Carmel creamer and settled on the couch to snuggle with Jack and watch the Boston race on my laptop.


WIN! It's been such a nice relaxing morning. I'm super proud of our American runners...I seriously thought Desiree was about to pull of something CRAZY!! 2Nd is pretty amazing! I can't wait to read every one's race recaps...
GYRO!!





7 comments:

Missy said...

Okay first of all, snow in April?! Crazy! I wish I could have watched the marathon, I'm sure it was amazing! Glad to see you are getting through your recovery so well! Cute new running shoes!

Nicole said...

love the kicks and i love you! :) cant wait for our weekend together! :)

Colleen said...

I like the new shoes!!!

The snow was ... insane.

Keep us posted on what the doc says tomorrow!

Christine said...

LOVE your new shows - LOVE them :) Good luck at the drs tomorrow!!

Karen said...

Don't worry...I wouldn't have gone for the run, either! Brrr!

Love the new shoes! :0)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Don't like the weather. Love the new shoes!

Molly said...

LOVE the shoes!

I've missed you! Glad you're getting back to normal : )