Wednesday, March 2, 2011

down and out

Hello fellow bloggers.
Sorry it's been so long, but I haven't really been in the blogging mood lately.
Why?
Well...it's not for lack of working out. I've been kicking some serious strength training workouts and I'm feeling great and strong. My legs that is.
My shoulder is a whole different story. I started PT 3 weeks ago being a hard ass and putting off surgery until after my back to back marathons in May. After 3 weeks...my shoulder got worse. WTF? I know, right...I work in a PT clinic, it's not quite supposed to happen like that. It was becoming increasingly difficult to do things around the house, and care for my monkeys. What the hell.
So after much deliberation and indecision, I've decided that having my arm and being able to function is a little more important than getting my maniac status this May. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday and I'm a little freaked out, but I have total confidence in my surgeon. I'm hoping that if things turn out, I may be able to run the half's of each race instead of the fulls...fingers crossed. It just depends on how much damage they find when they actually get in there. Sigh.
So, I may be missing for awhile, but hey...maybe I'll get some great monkey stories to post:)
Hope everyone is having a great week!




10 comments:

Nicole said...

love you sis! <3

Karen (Toronto Girl West) said...

I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going well :o(

I will be praying for a successful surgery!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Hope your surgery goes well. Sending you loving energy!

Christine said...

I'll keep my fingers cross the surgery goes well. Hope you will be back running and blogging soon!

Missy said...

I was wondering when you were gonna surface! Good luck with the surgery, everything will work itself out. You seem like a physically strong person so you will back running in no time!

Morgan said...

Sorry to hear about the arm girl!!! No bueno! I think you're doing the right thing though and I hope it's a speedy recovery!

jess said...

Oh no :( I pray your surgery goes as planned and you are able to get back into running soon!

*speed recovery vibes*

Alison said...

who's doing your surgery?

Colleen Pitmon said...

Oh no! That sucks that it is getting worse!! We will Def b thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything!

Molly said...

oh wow, hope all goes well with your surgery! Hang in there Chickie!