Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monkeyisms Monday

Happy Valentines Day! This holiday personally makes me gag, but hey, to each their own. For my monkeys sake, I will embrace it and share with them chocolate and valentines. Whatever.

But onto exciting news...


I'm going to start a new post night for me...Monkeyisms Mondays!
so for tonight, the star of the show is Maddie!
Maddiesm of the night...

Everynight I lay with Maddie in her bed right before she falls asleep. I usually ask her to tell me something nice that she did for someone that day, or something that made her happy. Tonight our conversation was a tad bit different...and never ceases to amaze me. It went something like this...
Me: "Mad, let's pray tonight."
Mad: "Um...bless us oh Lord, for these" she stated, rehearsing our dinner prayer.
Me: "No, Mad, let's pray like this tonight, thank you for for our family. Thank you for keeping us safe and together. Thank you so much for loving us..."
Mad: "Mom, who are we praying to?"
Me: "Well, God, Maddie."
Mad: "who's God?"
Me: "Well, he's the creator of us. Of Heaven and Earth."
Mad: "How did he make us?"
Me: "Well, he made a man named Adam, and took a rib from him, mixed it with mud and made Eve." (I'm not going to pretend that I'm super religious, because I'm not. But I do believe in God and I do want my children to believe in God. This is how I remember the story from CCD years ago, but it may be totally different)
Mad: "wait a minute...(deep in thought) you mean I'm made of mud?" so serious..."and is that why my poop is brown??"
I seriously love this chic and how much she makes me laugh. The small things she does. It's absolutly priceless.


6 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

LOVE this. :) Reyna has been asking a lot about God, too. It's such a hard topic to talk about, for me anyway. This is way too cute though. :) Thanks for sharing.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

That is wonderful!

It is hard to teach young children about God when He seems like an abstract "thing." I do think those shared lessons and conversations go a long way in opening our children up to seeing God through His works. I know I feel God in all the nature that I am so lucky to be around everyday. And while they probably don't see Him in their brothers or sisters, I see Him in children too. Even with my 2 year old we talk about knowing without seeing because we can see what He does. We've planted seeds and talked about promises. I think we all hope that our kids will learn faith and kindness through the way we shre with them each day. Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Zaneta said...

haha! histarical! dont you just love children?! Love your new post night! :)

Colleen Pitmon said...

Hilarious!! Have a great week Erika!

Nicole said...

what a cutie! :)

Molly said...

OMG! Once again, your child kills me with her comments.