Monday, February 7, 2011

Maddness and Monkeyisms

First of all...I see I have a few new peeps that are following! Please leave a comment so I can make my way around to your blog!

So, it's official. Money is down, there is no turning back now.
Running Kalamazoo May 8th...and turning around and running this gem the following weekend:)



Oh yea for maniac status.

Training is going okay. If you want all of the details, find me on daily mile because I would hate to bore you with the details:)

I'm beyond unhappy with the results of my MRI. It pretty much will take me out of Chicago, and New York would probably be pushing it. So sad because I had pretty much lined up a sponsor and was ready to run. The Dr was already not happy because I told him fixing it wasn't an option until after my races in May.
According to my MRI, I have a labral tear, partial thickness supraspinatis tear (one of the four muscles in the rotator cuff (NOT CUP) group, thinning of the infraspinatis, cysts and bursitis. Yikes. And while I love my dr (he's the surgeon who fixed my right rotator cuff tear a few years ago) he's kind of conservative and I would be in a sling with NO ACTIVE motion for 6 weeks. Which is awful. And he said running would hurt for 3 months related to the pounding. Jeesh. With my last shoulder surgery which I had in July, I wasn't even released back to work until November. It's a really long recovery. So, even if I have my surgery in May after my 2nd marathon, I won't even being feeling amazing until at least August. Maybe it's enough time to recover for Chicago, but it makes me a little nervous. Plus, I really can't afford to take that much time off work right now and be able to take care of my monkeys. So frustrated. So I'm starting therapy tomorrow which I know will probably not work (I tried it for 4 months last time with no avail), and we'll reevaluate in 6 weeks. Cross your fingers for spontaneous healing:)

I'm going to try and end my posts now with monkeyisms...funny things that the monkeys say and do. Tonight I'm posting a video of Jack singing the little Einsteins song from a cartoon that he LOVES! My most favorite part is when he "reeves it up"...I seriously laugh out loud every single time!!


Hope everyone is having a great week!
PS check out this sweet giveaway at Hungry Runner's blog!


11 comments:

bobbi said...

Boo! So sorry to hear about your shoulder - fingers are crossed. Here's hoping therapy does you better this time.

(and Jack is SERIOUSLY cute!)

Allie @ The Constant Pursuit said...

Cleveland is such a good course! I am sad I'm missing it this year because of my comprehensive exams. :(

Jessie said...

Sorry about your surgery! =( Ill be at Cleveland spectating Morgan and apparently You also~ YAY! Your video is so cute. We have 50 something in our DVR, LOL! My little Jack calls it Pat pat! Momma Pat pat and he give me the mote! lol

Johann said...

Sorry about your shoulder. I love that you will fix this after your two marathons...we runners are seriously crazy. At least it's not a hip or knee or something like that. All the best and stay positive!

Missy said...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hopefully it will all work out!
I would love it if we could run Myrtle Beach together!

the dawn said...

wow, i wouldn't ever think about a shoulder messing with running, but that totally makes sense! no fun!!

so excited for you girls and cleveland! it's going to be so much fun!!!

Colleen Pitmon said...

This makes me sad!! I am definitely hoping for spontaneous healing!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Praying for a miracle healing for you.


That video was awesome! I love how fast that pac'y goes back in the mouth!

Molly said...

UGH! That stinks about your shoulder. Silver lining is your two crazy running weekends before surgery!!

Sef + Sariah said...

Hi! we're new followers - sorry to hear about your shoulder but crazy about those back to back races! work!

The video is too cute - love how the pacifier goes right back in the mouth after singing. lol.

Jaime said...

good luck with the marathon. I'm a mother of four training for the London marathon in April. Its inspiring to read about other moms running :)