Monday, January 10, 2011

T-14 weeks...

until my BACK TO BACK marathons. Yep. I'm doing. Running Nashville April 30th and Kalamazoo May 8th. Crazy? Maybe. fun? Hell ya. and we have AMAZING outfits!!
I finally was released to start working out again! thank God I was starting to FREAK OUT!!! I jumped on the treadmill at lunch and...uggh. thought I was going to die! I can't believe how quick you lose your ability to breath/talk/run all at the same time. My last run was Dec 15, so I was definitely feeling it about a mile and 1/2 in. Yikes. I have some SERIOUS work to do! Tonight I also hit up kickboxing class which was fun! 2 workouts in 1 day? Sure!
Things continue to be pretty crazy around here, and while I keep saying, when it slows down, I'll have more time to do (insert whatever here), I don't think it's going to be slowing down anytime soon. Between helping plan 2 of my best friends weddings, training and zoo keeping, my life has never been crazier!! I was going to join a gym this week because while I got a lot of amazing cold running gear, I still haven't been able to man up and brave the cold yet. Better yet, I'm changing cable companies and have decided to pack up my scrapbook room and turn it into a gym with a TV and my treadmill...so I can lock myself in and get my miles in! While the treadmill is NOT my favorite, maybe with the right television program, I can be entertained long enough to get some miles in! Also up for changes comes a work change! My hours are switching to 6-3. Sweetness! I'll be able to get my runs in while the monkeys are in school and I'll get more time with them:) <3 this!!

I'll be sharing my training plan with you all soon! I hope everyone is having an amazing week!!
GYRO


13 comments:

Christine said...

YEAH! You are back. I know hoe you feel! Let's just hope everybody is right and it will be back soon :)

Allie @ The Constant Pursuit said...

Oh man that is AWESOME! I'm debating doing two marathons a month apart... you are a champ for wanting to do them back to back!

Cathy said...

Hey Erika,
I was reading my sister's blog (Alissa) and saw yours. Great job with the running! We aren't at SVSD this year. Didn't enroll in time and they wouldn't accept us late. Maybe next year... You and your monkeys look great :)

Nicole said...

so excited for this wedding, running adventure with you!

H Love said...

Two marathons back to back....WOW!! Excited to be training along side you (kind of)! At least we can chat while we are icing after LONG runs!

Danielle said...

Awesome! back to back huh? I would be freaking out too!! but it sounds super fun.... go get em!

Morgan said...

Congrats on getting back to it girl! Just take it easy out the gate so you don't end up right back where you started. You and Nicole are plum crazy and I love it, can't wait to spectate you at K-zoo!

Circus Daily said...

I'm jealous of 6-3...that would be my ideal schedule. Who would have thought starting at 6 would be a good thing...

Ah, life before lil' ones. Wouldn't go back for a second.

Tara said...

I have been running on the treadmill more and having the tv on in the background definitely helps! sounds like you're one bussssyyyy woman!

Karen said...

SO glad you are able to run again! Yay!!! Hope the new treadmill room works out for you! I have mine in front of the TV as well! lol

Christina M. Helsel said...

Damn, girl! You're such an inspiration--that's awesome that you're planning to do two back-to-back like that. Can't wait to see those outfits!

Sounds like you're off to a great start getting back into the groove of things--I know how hard it is after you've "fallen off the wagon" for a bit. Looking forward to seeing your training plan--and future updates!

Molly said...

you're a busy girl! I don't doubt that you'll rock both marathons!

Marathon Maritza said...

Nice job tackling the back-to-backs....good luck with training!!!