Monday, December 20, 2010

Moaning Monday...

Do you ever have those days where you just want to pull your hair out???????? I woke up this morning feeling EXHAUSTED and not wanting to get out of bed (could be from surviving the flu once again this weekend, but, eh, who knows). Rushed around into a hurry up and wait type morning, followed by a rough afternoon at work left me feeling completely unappreciated and deflated. I'm supposed to start with mileage buildup and the beginning of my training plan for my next marathon, but I'm sitting here questioning if I really want to start this week with return to run and all the craziness around Christmas. I have that family where I have obligations Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and I'm always wiped out and trying to get my house together for New Years Eve.

I was super blessed to enjoy a much needed night out/dinner with my friend Erika who's home from Chicago. Great pizza, my most favorite martinis and some great conversation was the perfect way to end a stressful day. We even talked a little bit about running, and she said she MAY be interested in running Chicago with me:) She has never run a big race, so it would be fun for her first!!

I'm looking forward to my week off of work next week. I'm also looking forward to a possible schedule change at work which may allow me to tackle an amazing training plan that Nicole has put together, but it requires a lot of miles and time. My new work schedule would be 3 long days/2 short days and I would be able to tackle my long runs while my kids are in school. How awesome would that be?!?!

I have a hilarious Christmas story which I would LOVE to share with you, but I found out that my kids (HI KIDS) read my blog at school, and show all of their friends the fun things I post, so I will have to wait to share this story...unless I write in Pig Latin.
Um. Never Mind. Not feeling it.
But, it's hilarious to say the least. I will say this, so much for trying to get things done early:)

I hope everyone is having an amazing week! I have a few posts that I would like to put together, but know I will have LOTS of blogging time while I'm home next week.
Special thank you to Nicole for my new bloggy look:) Love it!
GYRO!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

beezy, training doesnt start till next week. i had a long day too. you are appreciated and loved. f everyone who doesnt appreciate you cuz i do! love you beez!

Heather said...

I'm going to read your post in a minute but I just wanted to quickly let you know I love the new header!! Great photos!!

H Love said...

great new look! crazy....having the kids read the blog. Hmmm maybe they will get bored and move on so can get the juicy stories!

Johann said...

Haha, my is 9 and always reads my blog and tell everyone we know what I post. Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas. Happy training!

Molly said...

I love your new header!

I've been feeling the exhaustion lately too, I need a nap. Or a run. Or a martini. : )

Missy said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tara said...

I say take this week to recover! You still have enough time to build up and start fresh with the new year :)

Love the new blog look!