Monday, November 15, 2010

Well...I did it...

Look what I did...hehehehe

Dear erika gerding,
We have received your application for the ING New York City Marathon 2011.
Your Runner Profile
Your entry number is 697930. Please include this number and your name in any correspondence pertaining to the marathon. To check your status, or to update/change your personal information, visit this website and enter the username and password that you created within the application. Correspondence may be sent to marathonmailer@nyrr.org.
Race Information
The lottery for all applicants will be held in mid-March. We will e-mail entrants and process their fees upon acceptance.
For more information about the ING New York City Marathon, please visit ingnycmarathon.org.


Oh yea. I put my name in for New York. If I get in, I think it would be pretty sweet, but I'm not holding my breath. I finally decided to go for it because my mom said she would go with me. To New York. And that's awesome!!! I said I wanted to run races closer to home, but if she's willing to travel, then let's hit the road! Whoot, whoot!

Things continue to be so busy...I don't know if it's because the holidays are around the corner or because it gets DARK at 5:30, but I'm having a hard time getting my runs in lately. Like ever. I finally broke down and ran 2 miles on the treadmill at lunch...and I know I shouldn't whine about the cold because it's been 60 degrees in November which is unheard of, but I'm already missing summer and wondering how training for Kalamazoo is going to work considering I'm going to have to BRAVE the cold. While that may not seem like a big deal to you all, it's a huge deal for me because I HATE, HATE, HATE the cold. Like, won't come out of my house all weekend because I refuse to clean my car off. I know, pathetic, right?
But while my running has been lacking, I've been kickboxing and working out with Nick pretty consistently...so it sure was nice to lace up the sneakers and stretch out the legs for a few:)
What else have I been up too?? Well...I had conferences for the monkeys at school. I am always nervous about what the teachers may say and fear the worst (...your daughter's bipolar, your son needs meds...who KNOWS what may come out!) but imagine my surprise when I find out Maddie is super smart and a typical girl...that whole, she's my friend one day and not the next is NORMAL! Yea~
and Ayden...one of the sweetest in the class. The teacher said, "he's the only one that comes in from lunch everyday and asks how my meal was. He really is a sweet kid!" Melt. My. Heart.
Baby Jaxon, while he didn't have conferences, is talking a lot more (but sometimes not enough:) and he loves Elmo and singing! We are working on his ABC's and I hope to get some videos uploaded soon! They are so cute!!

My grateful list this week included:
~having healthy children
~GIRLS NIGHT and red chillable boxed wine:) (There's a video for that too, but Nicole said I was not allowed to post it:)
~my heated blanket
~snuggle time with the monkeys
~listening to Ayden read the monkeys and I a book. Spookly the Square Pumpkin to be exact!
~my awesome sweater a friend bought me as a surprise. I LOVE surprises!!!

Lastly, on a running note, I'm looking for races to run or new plans to follow and will take any and all recommendations because my running sucks when I'm not training for something. So PLEASE help! What plans do you follow??? Which runs do you find fun to take part in???

Hope you have an amazing week!
GYRO!




14 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Good luck getting in the NYC marathon! I have that on my list of things I'd like to do in my 5 year plan. So cool that your mom would go with you. Glad your conferences went well..your "monkeys" are adorable! I also like to be training for something. I was training for the Portland Marathon using the Hal Higdon intermediate program before I injured myself. Hoping to try again soon.

the dawn said...

eeeeee, that's so exciting! especially if you get in this time and can run with nicole. you ladies would have so much fun in the city!!

your little ones sound so precious! trust me, as a teacher, i'm just as nervous for those conferences at the parents are. i'm always afraid that they're going to yell at me for some horror story that their kid is telling them...

Eryn said...

so exciting!! congrats on taking the big step!

Karen said...

Way to go! Best of luck to you! I hope you get in! :0)

H Love said...

very cool...that would be awesome! I am in the same boat as you..I NEED to find a race or two. I really want to meet up with other runners and do a destination run!! Pass on your tips!

JenniferLeah said...

congrats! NYC is on my list :)

Love it that your Mom is going to travel with you-it will be an amazing experience.

Hal Higdon http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/Mar00index.htm

Christine said...

I feel the same way about the dark and the cold during winter times. I try to run twice during the week on the treadmill (3-4miles) just to keep my stamina and do a long run on the weekend outside. In order to make the long runs better I went shopping for running cloths. That worked so far :)

Good luck for NYC!!

Molly said...

Awesome! Hope you get in!!

I have nothing on my race calendar, it's pretty lame. I was thinking of restarting the early weeks of my marathon plan just to keep at it. See if there are local holiday runs, those are always a blast!

Missy said...

That's awesome, hope you get in!

Jon said...

Awesome! Hope you get picked! You will have a great time up here.

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Good Luck getting in for NYC.

Your kids are so adorable I can't imagine they would get a bad report. My little is working on becoming more verbal. It is sooo funny when he just "gets" a word out of the blue. We make such a fuss he ends up saying his "new" word over and over and over.

Circus Daily said...

Good luck with the NYC marathon. Love that city.

Also, I woke up to 5 inches of snow. UGH. How do you guys tackle running in the snow? Curious.

Zaneta said...

That's so exciting!! Good luck! :D

Tara said...

NYCM is my FAV race EVER!!!! I hope you get in!