Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Back from the dead...

Ugghhh. The ugly flu bug settled in my house this week, and let me tell you. It's not pretty. I'm glad that everyone is finally feeling better...I literally was in bed for 24 hours straight. Sigh.

Anyways, how has everyone been? If feels like I've been missing forever!! Other than the NaStY guest in our house, things have been going pretty well! I had a great weekend which involved getting a majority of my Christmas shopping finished (oh yea!!) and having a ball at the most amazing outlets with Nicole!


We left EARLY Sunday morning and headed to the Birch Run Outlets (which is about 2 hours away). The first store we happened to stumble in was Pottery Barn Outlet. Sigh. I love Pottery Barn, but they are usually so expensive I can never bring myself to buy anything from there! As we were wandering through the store, I stumbled across this amazing find!
Mind you, my couches are hand-me downs from my mom, which came from my aunt, which came from my grandma...you get the idea. So when I saw the price tag on this cutie, I could not resist. Any guesses? $190.00 regularly $1,400.00. Seriously. I checked on shipping, it cost more to ship than to buy! So I called my AMAZING friend Lizzie, who went, picked up a truck and drove the 2 hour drive to pick up this couch for me! Yep, I'm spoiled, but I am so grateful and blessed! And it looks great in my living room and gives me more space! Nicole and I then proceeded to make our way around the mall, finding a few awesome deals like my $10 pink tempo shorts from Nike and some awesome outdoor/winter running gear from North Face! I love when you go to checkout and it rings up $12 cheaper than it's priced for! Sweetness!!

On the running front, Nicole and I had plans to run at lunch on Monday, but since I haven't been off the couch/out of bed for the past 2 days, we had to put it on hold. Since it's in the 60's in November (what, what?) I'm hoping to go for a run tomorrow! I think we are planning on running a 10K Saturday and I'm excited to get out there and back into a routine. I really need to have a race I'm training for because without a training plan, I feel a little lost on the running end. How far? How long? What do you guys do between training cycles?
I'm also debating about putting my name in for the New York lottery. I made some potential plans to run Chicago next year, plus I already signed up for Kalamazoo, so New York, too? That's 3 marathons in one year...hmmmm. Maybe I'm nuts?

The things I am thankful for this week include:

~Today I'm thankful for the douche bag at Walmart who scratched the eff out of my car with their door or cart. I hope someone shows you the same courtsey.
~Now for real...♥ tonight and snuggle time with the 3 monkeys watching polar express...
~Today I'm thankful for the Andriod game Wordfeud...(which I'm guessing is like words with friends) so if you're on the andriod market and want to play, my name is runnererika
~Thankful for my amazing find at pottery Barn...$190 for a couch, yes mam! Thank you! And an amazing day with Colie!!
~I'm thankful that the flu bug is finally on the way OUT of my house...beware, that shit is nasty

Hope everyone is enjoying their week! GYRO and have an amazing day!

19 comments:

Emz said...

$190?!?!

seriously?!?!

Love it.

Jealous!

Pete32 said...

That flu bug is just going through our house right now. Kids had it all weekend, and now mom & dad have it.

ShutUpandRun said...

Was it the throw up flu? That's the worst. I always think I have to douse my whole house with chlorox after that.

the dawn said...

love the couch! glad that you and your house are feeling better. i can't believe that you've already made such good progress on your christmas shopping. i haven't even ventured to start thinking about that...so terrifying! good work girl!

did you guys decided if/where your running this weekend?

Nicole said...

love you eze! i hope your feeling better love bug!

Jon said...

Totally put your name into the NYC marathon lottery. Even if you don't get in, you are 1/3 of the way there.

Glad you are coming out of your flu sickness!

Andrew Opala said...

happy you're feeling better ... get back in the swing of things soon!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

I don't think sarcastic gratitude counts. I think the Walmart person has you on their thankful list...something like, they are thankful that the owner of the didn't come out of the store and beat the snot outta them. They would be actually thankful. Oh! You could be thankful that you didn't run into that other driver and be forced to beat the snot outta them. heehee Yeah, I fixated one that one thing from your post because everyone else will talk about your crazy couch deal!

Missy said...

awesome chair/couch! Glad to see you are feeling better!

teacherwoman said...

Sweet couch! What a steal!

Amanda@runninghood said...

So happy to find your blog! I have three kids too...love it..keeps me busy! We love The Polar Express. Way to get a head start into Christmas! Excited to catch up on your blog.

Leslie Collins said...

what an awesome deal on the couch. i love Pottery Barn too, but my wallet? Not so much. :)

Glad you are feeling better.
I ran into your mom & Meijer yesterday and she said you had been sick.

Karen said...

YUCK! That's no fun being sick!! I'm glad everyone is feeling better! :0) Love love love that couch! Way to go on the good deals this weekend! :0)

Molly said...

Bargain! It's a beauty!

ugh, sorry about the bug, I am not looking forward to sick season!!

I'm doing the NYC lottery again this year, do it!!!!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Omg AMAZING deal! So jealous, we went couch shopping last week but had no luck :(

Julie said...

I would say that you scored big time! I love the Pottery Barn:) Great couch!

I am glad that you are feeling better...I know how terrible it is when a bug ends up getting mom sick too!

Circus Daily said...

$190 from pottery barn...NICE find. thats like the price of candles there normally.

We have all had a bit of a big round here too. Happy to hear your on the mends.

Eryn said...

Love your blog, Erika. I'm adding you to my blogroll :) Glad the flu is on it's way out of your house :)

Thomas said...

Where can I get one? The couch, not the flu :)