Thursday, October 21, 2010

This, that and whatever else.

First and foremost, thank you for all of your kind words about my first marathon! Now that I've had a few days to think about it, the disappointment is fading quickly and I'm pretty proud that I was able to complete such a task! I'm feeling much better about it and I'm already excited thinking about Kalamazoo in May 2011! I'm actually considering signing up for another half Nov 13, but eh, time will tell!

Onto three things Thursday!

1) 4 days since Long Beach and I'm BORED! I want to run, I want to kickbox...but I also want to avoid injury. Hmm. If I'm feeling this great tomorrow and it's nice, you better believe that I'm hoping to get out there for a run. Or kickboxing class. Can't wait.
Speaking of Long Beach...they've posted some pictures, but I still haven't seen the one I was hoping for...you know, arms up, crossing the line! But here are what I've managed to get my hands on so far:






2) Since I haven't been running...I don't know what to do with all of my spare time. So I started cooking real dinners again...check out this super yummy salad that I tried to copy from Bob Evans (wildfire chicken salad)...so good!




3) Last but not least, check out this amazing sunset I got to see on my way home from work! Isn't it a beauty?


Hope everyone is having an amazing week! Good luck to all of my fellow distance dreamers who are running their first race this weekend! And all the other runners, too! GYRO~


15 comments:

the dawn said...

i love the thumbs up picture!

every night this week i've cooked dinner, just because i have the time now. greg comes home and says, "i have a wife again!!!" there is much rejoicing.

i'm so jealous about kalamazoo! i just need to not think about it....

beautiful picture girl!

Nicole said...

wow that salad looks bomb

suzy@happywith13.1 said...

LOVE those race pics! :)

H Love said...

love the pics....I am having a hard time accessing any of mine from the Portland Marathon. tips??

P.S.you look super cute!

Zaneta said...

LOVE your pictures!! :D I think my favorite one is the second one... the double thumbs up!! :D Very cute!

Johann said...

Those pictures are great! The food almost look as good as you during your marathon. Have a great weekend!

abbi said...

Your pictures are great! I seem to never get any decent ones. I also love that salad from Bob Evans, might have to copy it too!

Christa said...

I totally understand. I have been resting since Chicago and couldn't take it anymore- I ran yesterday!! It felt so nice.

I just signed up to run the Kalamazoo Marathon yesterday. I actually mentioned on my blog that you were running it too. Do you have an email?

Love the salad, that looks awesome!!
And that sunset, wow!!

Missy said...

Love the pics! Again congrats on completing a marathon, it's such an accomplishment!

Molly said...

mmmmmm, I love salads, but I'm so lazy about making them.

Your marathon hair was so cute!

Enjoy your kickboxing!

Heather said...

Great photos! That salad looks yummy!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Glad to hear time is helping you appreciate your accomplishment! You def can go run, enjoy it!

That salad looks yummy! Great and I have 2 hours till lunch. ugh

Beautiful sunset to drive home with!

Zoƫ said...

Great pics! You look very strong! And man, that's a gorgeous sunset. :)

Emz said...

Omgosh.
Your photos are awesome. I love them!! You look strong & amazing.

I'm a sucker for a hood salad & a fab sunset. Both of which you captured beautifully.

Anne said...

Congratulations on your first marathon! Amazing photos...you look great. I read your recap and I know it didn't go as planned, but you got it done! Good job :)