Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Sorry that I've been such a terrible blogger...I'm glad that we finally got Halloween out of the way and now I can get serious about my Christmas shopping. Yep. I said it. CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! I have to get pumped up for Christmas, black Friday... all the festivities because otherwise I would be so sad because of all the snow the Great Lakes tend to dump on us makes me a little stir crazy.
For Halloween Ayden and Maddie ruined my super cute family plan by deciding to go as vampires instead of our Toy Story characters...but Jack and I kept it real as Jesse and Woody. He was so obsessed with wearing his cowboy boots around that I don't think he's taken them off for 2 days now. He likes the "music" they make when he walks...I think he's pretty cute! I'm hoping I get picts of the other monkeys soon, but here's a snap of Jack...he's a candy junkie for SURE!



On a running front, I finally laced up the shoes today (new ones that I totally stole from the expo in Long Beach!) and enjoyed an amazing 5 mile run with my GYRO girl Colleen! She's new to running and has signed up for a 10K on Thanksgiving morning! I'm super excited for her! And speaking of races...I'm thinking of signing up to run a half on Nov 13...with the hopes that Nicole will MAYBE (cross your fingers that her foot is healed by them!!!) pace coach me! A lot depends on how her foot is healing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I MISS MY running Buddy:/

I can't believe how amazing it felt to be out running. Nothing hurt. I wasn't tired. My breath was even. It was bliss.

Alright, I really want to make it around to a few peeps blog tonight and I PROMISE I will make it around SOON!! Leaving you with a few other pictures because that's what I love! Well, besides running and my monkeys that is! Hope everyone had a safe Halloween!
GYRO~





8 comments:

Karen (Toronto Girl West) said...

It's settled. Your little monkeys are as cute as they come! :o)

Nicole said...

Fingers crossed. If I rest all week, I'll go for my 1st run on Sunday and see how it goes. That's 3 weeks no running. I really want to do that half. I'm not sure we should aim for you to PR just yet though. Let's talk at work! Love and miss you Rb!!!!

teacherwoman said...

Too cute! Nice job on the run!

Karen said...

Very cute! Looks like you guys had a good Halloween! :0)

Julie said...

Nice job on the 5 mile run! I agree with Karen....you have some adorable little monkeys:)

Tara said...

cute kiddos!!!! Glad you felt good on your run :)

Molly said...

I officially started christmas shopping two weeks ago, can't believe it's November! Your kids are so darn cute.

the dawn said...

it was so fabulous to see you yesterday. it sucks that we live so far apart!

good work on such a strong return to running! so exciting. i can't believe you two are racing next weekend. crazies!