Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's not because of lack of motivation...

Wow. Lack of running. Because I've been busy on my vacation doing this:

hanging/framing on a VERY high ladder in my entryway


Building/painting from SCRATCH this gem for my entryway for kids crap so there will be no more "throwing stuff right in the door." Everyone has their OWN spot! (Ok, my mom built it for me, but I had to use 5 cans of spray paint...and my finger still hurts!!)




So now it looks super organized which I LOVE!!!

I've also been re-doing the boys room...can you tell what Ayden's favorite team/sport is??


(Did you guess Michigan State and football?? Brownie points for you! Did you see that stellar game against Notre Dame last week~!)

I still have to tackle Mad's room and the basement playroom tomorrow. Plus laundry and the rest of the house!! I love re-doing things, but I hate how disorganized everything gets while I'm doing it!
Planning on 6 miles tomorrow and it's time for 20 on Friday! Bring it!
GYRO!

12 comments:

abbi said...

Looks great...love your entry way. Although I don't have kids, I have a husband who leaves stuff just sitting around everywhere...even when I set up homes for them.

Missy said...

I agree with Abbi, it looks great and unfortunately I don't have a husband or kids yet, but my sister lives with me and she tends to leave things everywhere lol

Andrew Opala said...

That's a great idea, but I thought Ayden's room was painted like a jail and his favorite sport was escaping from a Japanese Game Show!

Too bad you couldn't do the floors that way and paint linemen and cheerleaders on the wall!

Nicki said...

Everything looks great! Doesn't it feel wonderful to be organized?! Good luck with 20!! :)

Nicole said...

:)

love allllll the cute stuff!!!


miss you!!

the dawn said...

hurray for organization!

yay for 20-milers!

yipee for a week off from work to get it all done :)

so, yes, we totally need to hit the kal-haven trail again (avoiding the main entrance and that not-nice park guy). the problem is...these weekends are crazy! we're camping next weekend, then its chicago (which i'm still trying to figure out if i'll be able to go or not), then its our respective marathons. where has all the time gone?!?!?

oh, and you picked the perfect week to not run...its been CRAZY hot out there. i don't advise it :)

Alldaffer Jrs. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alldaffer Jrs. said...

I am soo proud of you! It looks wonderful and your hard work truly shows. Love you!

chris mcpeake said...

I am suddenly reminded that I need to reorganize the house.

Tara said...

I love getting organized and having fun little house projects! Everything looks great!

Molly said...

love your updates...and hope that 20 miler went well!

Julie -- "Hotlegs Runner" said...

wow, that's a really pretty entryway! =)