Thursday, August 12, 2010

Randomness....10 things you would probably never guess!

Molly tagged me to share 10 random things about myself, so here goes!

1) I work as a PTA (physical therapist assistant) and spend 5 hours a day in a swimming pool. Since I live in Michigan, the pool is inside and the water is kept between 89 and 94 degrees. I've spent so much time in the water I can literally tell when the water changes by even 1 degree. I may have been a thermometer in a past life:) And another cool fact: I don't even prune anymore!

2) I have a small obsession with "noodles with dressing" as Maddie calls them. I eat it almost every day. Boil noodles (lately switched to whole grain and penne or rotini are my fave), added tomatoes, black olives and pepperoni and toss with Zesty Italian dressing and salad supreme and I'm in heaven. It's almost sick actually.

3) We often make cookies at my house, but rarely do we ever bake them. We usually take the dough, roll it in wax paper and stick it in the freezer to later take out and slice and eat. My favorite is chocolate chip or sour cream cookies:) Yummy!!

4) Can you tell I have a small obsession with food?? And the more I run lately, the worse it gets. My girl Nic and I can eat an entire box of gobstoppers in one afternoon (while we are hanging in the pool that is!) Seriously addicted. I also don't eat anything green...except for candy/ice cream. Guess you could say I have a bit of a sweet tooth! I'm learning how to eat salad (but only iceberg, nothing with fingers!!) Or green olives in my dirty martini's/bloody mary's...SUPER YUMMY!!!

5) My pregnancies and labors were so easy I've thought about being a surrogate mother. I actually know I would if pregnancy only lasted 3 months, but 9 months is a long time to be preggo! And the emotional part would be super hard, but I really feel that anyone who wants to be a mom should have the chance to have a chubby hand reach for yours or wrapped so tightly around your neck you can't breathe because "mommy, I love you soooo much!" My kids are my most precious gift and for them I am forever grateful!

6) I have a few really close friends who aren't blood related, but some of my closest people to me are actually my family. I've even said if I ever got married again (which I won't, see 7 below) I would have my mother be my maid of honor. Seriously, I bought the house next door to my mom. While it's handy for emergency babysitting and stealing toilet paper, it's super cool to have her that close to me.

7) My friends call me a marriage hater. This I think is funny. I can say now that my ex husband and I are really good friends, but I really wish I wouldn't have ruined what we had with a stupid ring. I always cringe when people tell me they are getting married (sorry if you're reading this and you're about to take the plunge) and I really want to jump up and down and say "don't!!!" BUT....most people's marriages won't end like mine or for reasons like mine, so maybe there's a chance for you:) But me, no way in hell.

8) I'm OCD about feet. I hate them. They scare me. When a foot patient shows up at work, I always hope they are not on my list. I can't stand toe nails that are all nasty, or feet that have lint stuck to them. EEEEKKKK! Maybe that's why I get my toes done every 6 weeks because scary feet scare me! I also can't stand long toe nails (I cut them down until they are almost bleeding!!) I think a lot of it was from when I was in ballet and point shoes...toes nails=serious ouchiness!

9) This is a secret...no laughing, but I still sleep with my blanket from when I was little. It's holey and almost dangerous, but I can't sleep without it. I've succeeded in making each of my kids blanket sleepers too. They all have their fave blanket that they insist on taking everywhere too! Mine is winnie the pooh...seriously. But you can't really tell anymore because of all of the holes!

10) I really started running because I wanted to find something that I could feel good about. While most people think I'm super confident, I have a lot of issues regarding self-esteem, especially with my body image. While I strive to be that "perfect" girl, I'm starting to realize that it's probably not going to happen for me, and I think I may be okay with that. I've given myself such a reward in just knowing that I can make my body do things that I never dreamed was possible is way better than being a size 2!

and 11) for extra credit:...I hate, hate, hate talking on the phone. I used to have my mom/coworkers/anybody I could get call places for me. Like...making drs appts, asking questions...you name it, I hate it. My people have been cutting me off lately and making me make my own phone calls:( But, with texting, I'm still able to get a lot done! I do have to suck it up on occasion, but it's never something I like to do. My heart starts beating all crazy, I start sweating...I seriously freak out. Strange, right? What a nerd:)

All right, this will qualify for my three things Thursday post! I now need to tag some people to continue on this survey so I'm going with:

Nicole from runner nic
Bobbi from Zero to 26.2
Missy from Southern Girl Running
Gina from Running the Dawn

Can't wait to check in on you all and hope you are having an amazing week:)
BTW: katie from legally fit...do you have a blog?? If so, I can't seem to find you, but would like to follow you, so please send me an email or let me know!


11 comments:

Heather said...

Loved reading your list! I hate talking on the phone too! can't stand it!

Alison said...

I understand your body image issues. But, I think you look amazing and super skinny.

Nicole said...

love you eezy beezy!!! ready to chomp chomp another box of gobbies tomorrow?!?! cant wait!! xoxo

Molly said...

I hate talking on the phone too!! My husband could chat for hours, drives me nuts.

Tara said...

I hate talking on the phone as well! Drives me nuts at work when people call me instead of shooting me an email.

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Great facts! I love learning about everyone.

I don't like the phone either!

I could never be in the water that long...and don't even get me started about feet..eeeeuuuuu.

Kids. The biggest gift. What more can I say.

Zaneta said...

haha, i still sleep with a teddy bear ;) I dont mind talking on the phone... actually i wouldn't mind it if people called me more often lol... my twin is like you though, she can't stand talking on the phone!

Middle Name Marie said...

UGH! I hate phone talking too! I love texts! The only way I talk on the phone is if my long-distance friends and I set up a "phone date." I have to be prepared and have time.

abbi said...

Loved reading this post...I hate the phone too!

bobbi said...

Are we the same person?????
3. mmmm cookie dough!
4. YES to the food obsession!!
5. we could be the same person, seriously. I actually offered for a friend's daughter once, but it ended up unnecessary. now I'm too old, lol.
7. I was until I met the right guy. 'nuf said.
8. ME TOO! Except baby feet. I LOVE baby feet.
11. I make my husband call for pizza. And baby sitters. And EVERYTHING. He rolls his eyes, but indulges my phone phobia...

Katie said...

I love this post. I have to say, your fact about wanting to be a surrogate mother makes me feel a little better about going through the labor process someday. Everyone makes it sound so scary and painful!

Sorry I'm just replying now- I'm catching up on my google reader :) My site is http://legallyfitkatie.wordpress.com

Have a great weekend! :)