Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here, there.....everywhere. Dreamers answers and dates galore!

Happy Wednesday! There has been so much going on in the home front, I'm not even sure I'll have time to get it all down today! Here goes nothing...

Melinda Hinson Neely is a blogger and author of Finding Life's Secret Sauce. A couple weeks ago she posted a wanted ad for first time marathoners...essentially, she is writing a book about getting fit and conquering personal challenges. She was looking for 5 people to follow in depth through their training process and while I was not picked to be a main subject, she is still following this monkey chaser as a small side story. Although I don't get into my past too often on this blog (somethings are better left swept under the carpet:) this is a warning that they may be one or two sappy, emotional breakthrough posts in the near future. Sometimes, I wish I had the kahaunas to just come out and say it, but I'm not quite there yet. Being a single mom of three very labor intensive little monkeys is a challenge, and some days I think running a marathon would be a cake walk to keeping up with them:) I encourage you to stop by her blog because there are a lot of other first time marathoners listed on her blog that may love some encouragement, too!!
On another note...I am sooooooooo excited for Sunday! We started a GYRO group a couple of months ago, and have had so much fun meeting new people and running in new places! One of my first bloggy friends called The Dawn was interested in a virtual group, but we have decided on Sunday to have a GYRO 16 miler in Kalamazoo! This will be my first "running date" and Nicole and Sami will be traveling with me! I was hoping my friend Tonya who lives in K-zoo would run with us, but she is currently out with a back/knee injury. She is going to meet us for breakfast though:) YEA!!!! I'm excited to meet The Dawn who is training for the Grand Rapids marathon where she will try and BQ! Get yourself some! If you in Bloggy Land are anywhere close to Kalamazoo and want to meet, please email me and I will let you know where we will be!! Yea for running friends!!
As far as Distance Dreamers go...our Wednesday questions were, fave race/run and least fave race/run.
My most favorite race was probably Chicago...even though I didn't run as well as I wanted to...who could not think running through a huge city and right down Michigan Ave is just not amazing?? And then along the lake??? Chalk that one up to scenery. Or it would be my 15 miler last weekend, only because I felt like I was on CLOUDS!!! It was such an accomplishment for me.
Least Fave...probably Notre dame. Only because the weather was terrible! My knee was hurting...if want you the full details, you can click here to read about it:/ But it sucked. Really. Really. Sucked.
Anyways, have to scoot to grab the monkeys...it's feeding time at the zoo! Hope you all have a wonderful hump day!
GYRO!



5 comments:

the dawn said...

can't wait!

Nicole said...

so exciting! cant wait to see you friday!!! xoxoxo

Leslie Collins said...

i give you a lot of credit for being a single mama of three. being a mama is a lot of work.

Jon said...

Yeah, running through a big city with crowds is like running with an IV of adrenaline. Have a good run this weekend!

Katie said...

That sounds like a really interesting book. Major kudos to you for training for a marathon while raising three beautiful children. You rock!

-Katie @ Legally Fit