Friday, July 30, 2010

Pre-race Jitters...

I missed you all for 3 things Thursday! My life has been a little on the hectic side, and I've been seriously dragging at work, so I forced myself to go to bed last night with no TV and very little blogging. I've seriously been DRAINED! That being said, here it is 11:20 and I'm sitting here blogging instead of sleeping even though I have to get up super early tomorrow! Geezzz...
I'm going to some what sum up week 5 today (holy smokes, 5 weeks down already!) because I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow for my Rock and Roll half. Before I talk about that, here's the breakdown for the week:
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: I'm not really sure what happened, but I never made it out for my run.
Thurday: Nick workout; wow, my form sucks. That's what I learned. He had me doing some crazy stuff, and he's blocking me a special date on Tuesday to really attack my form and help me work on posture. I'm a super hunched runner. Weak all over. For Lunch, we have this new place in town that serves a meal replacement shake option. I decided to give it a whirl. First up, shot of aloe vera...kind of tastes like mango...weird but okay. Then a blueberry cheesecake protein shake followed by a glass of raspberry tea (which I don't drink tea, but managed to choke down a glass. It burns 80 calories just by drinking it.) Hmmm...went home and decided to try and tackle 6 but as soon as I started I felt like death. My legs were heavy, I couldn't breathe, my stomach was churning...I called it quits at four. Even at that, I alternated walking/running the entire way because I felt so terrible. I almost felt shakey and light headed.
Note to self: shakes are yummy but this body requires food for exercise!! Lesson learned.
Tonight I came home and have enjoyed a somewhat eventful evening with the monkeys, chasing frogs, dancing around, playing baseball and making smores! So yummy! Sometimes it's the littlest things I love the most in the world!
Anyways...my run Thursday has left me a little uncomfortable with my race on Sunday. With Sami pace coaching me, I really want to run well and keep up. I know it's going to take a lot from me and I'm excited to try, nervous to fail...I just need to man up and get it done! I downloaded 25 new songs to my Ipod today, so I'm super excited for some new jams!!
I love Chicago and am excited to be meeting up with high school friends and enjoying big city life for a day! If anyone is in Chicago this weekend and wants to meet up, send me a message for sure!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE RACERS OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND!
ROCK IT!
What are you running??

3 comments:

Missy said...

Good Luck in Chicago! I live in Charlotte about 4 hours from Myrtle Beach.

the dawn said...

that's so crazy, we have one of those shake places in berrien springs. we only have one stop light, but we manage to have one of those. i actually loved the aloe shot so much i went out looking for some to buy and keep in my house. so far, nothing i've found tastes as good...

runnernic.com said...

i. miss you.