Friday, July 9, 2010

4 things Friday...and 100 days!

Ahhh...in the spirit of 3 things Thursday which I missed because I was exhausted, I've decided to post 4 things Friday! Here goes:)

1) Oh. My. Running.
I will complete week 2 of training with an 8 mile run tomorrow. Nicole is meeting me at my house at 6:30am...early start, but hoping to get it done! she's on schedule to run 12, so I'm going to run 8 and bike 4. Tonight Nicole and I put in a hot 4 miles after work. Normally when I run, I just go out and run. I kind of pay attention to my pace, but lately it's been super slow. I keep thinking maybe it's the heat, but it seems the more I've been running the slower I seem to be running...hmmmm...today at work I was talking about this Jillian Michaels cruise...how I really would love someone yelling at me pushing to dig deeper because it's much easier to give up sometimes. regardless, after work, Nicole took me on my first "hill workout"...and I wanted to die. But in a good way! It was hard. Super. hard. But it was the faster 4 miles I've ran in a while and I believe our second and third mile were faster than our first. I'm excited and will have to post about my 8 mile adventure tomorrow:) I'll give a full recap of my 2nd week on Sunday!

2) Where the heck is summer going?? I always whine about, oh how I can't wait for summer, and it feels like it's almost over! especially when they are now putting out back to school supplies! SIGH! This weekend and all of the following weekends until, I swear, September maybe, I have SO much going on! I have a wedding/shower/birthday parties. Every. Single. Weekend! Which I love and appreciate getting to spend time with friends and family, but sometimes it would be nice to just lay by the pool:)

3) A random thought. It has been 5 months since I quit smoking. I am forever grateful for that~ I can't even imagine pushing myself like I have been and still smoking...I would have died for sure! Best decision that I ever made!

4) and last but not least...TODAY IS 100 DAY UNTIL LONG BEACH! WHOOOOO HOOOOO! Even though I'm nervous and scared, I'm also excited to see what I am capable of and to make memories that I know will hold a special place in my heart forever.
Ok, enough sappiness for now!
Have an amazing weekend!



6 comments:

Alison said...

Looks like your training is going good. I am so happy that you quit smoking:) Also, we have got to get together sometime even if it is just to walk. Hope you have a good run.

Evolving Through Running said...

Hope your 8-miler goes well today. Two weeks down and 100 days to go - very exciting.
Congrats as well on quitting smoking. Probably the best personal-wellness decision you ever made. Those little buggers are evil.
Your monkeys are really cute. You take some great pictures!

the dawn said...

Congrats on quitting smoking! I can't imagine how hard that must have been. Good on you!

I didn't realized that the Long Beach Marathon was the same day as Grand Rapids! :( that means that you'll be far far away. Still, going to be an amazing experience and yes, you will remember those moments the rest of your life. I still love to reminisce with Andi about our first 26.2 mile adventure.

Missy said...

Congrats on quitting smoking! It's been 1 1/2 years since I quit and I never plan to go back! I completely agree, I could never run or do any of the workouts I can do now if I was a smoker! Its the best decision ever made! Kudos to both of us!

runnernic.com said...

sorry for the run fail on saturday.... its time to take a break from training for this chick!

love you forever!


great job on the hill workout i'm so proud of you!

Middle Name Marie said...

Congrats on quitting smoking! Wow! 100 days until your first marathon--how excited you must be! Good work on the training. It is great to have a buddy out there with you; I miss mine (we moved a few years ago). Keep up the great work!