Monday, July 5, 2010

1st week FiNiShEd, Sanibel wrap up and Happy 4th!

Hi all! I'm going to apologize in advance for the randomness of this post, but I have lots to share! I was totally anticipating on writing LOTS while I was in Florida, but I didn't quite realize how busy I would be! So...Florida in a nut shell was all right. I was able to get some good runs in and hit up a fantastic outlet mall where I got myself a new pair of running kicks, Asics Nimbis 11s! So far, I'm totally digging them! On my last day in Florida I was able to take Flat Nicole to the beach for some shell searching for the monkeys (one stipulation if I went to the beach without them) and we had an amazing time. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if it were sunny and not overcast and raining! Here's a few random pictures from the beach!



Flat Nicole and I chilling in the hammock by the pool...



Flat Nicole playing in the sand...


Flat Nicole gives swimming an attempt!


Flat Nicole trying to escape up the palm tree...



I LOVE THE OCEAN!



Besides missing my kiddos LIKE CRAZY I also missed another special group of folks all of whom were on my mind...

My GYRO peeps! Which brings me to topic number 2 on the agenda...I've successfully completed my first week of marathon training! I was able to get all of my runs in and lots of aquatic cross training. My schedule looked something like this...
Monday-4miles
Tues-4-5 hours of aquatic exs
Wed-5 miles
Thur-3 hours aquatic ex
Fri-6 miles
Sat-4 miles
Sun- rest!

For the most part, my last couple of runs have felt pretty good. I did have some knee pain again while running my six, but worked hard on a breathing technique and my gait/proper form to try and calm it down. I'm going to a running class on Wednesday to hopefully learn what, if anything, I'm doing wrong, so I'm hoping to get this knee crap under control!!

Last but not least...I wanted to share a few pictures from our fourth of July celebration! We have a huge family party every year because it's not only the 4th...but it's my grandparents 51st wedding anniversary! I am so blessed with an amazing family...we always have so much fun. We spend the day grilling, hanging by the pool, a little bit of horseshoes and lots of chicken fights and laughs!

Our home base...family poolside...



And the chicken fights begin...


Brothers...AJ is so good with Jax...taking him around the pool, swimming with him...



Goggles for EvErYoNe!


Lynis...has to take his blanket even in the pool! Redic!


Rock N Roll Mad! She is so funny!


On that note, I'm signing off because I really have to get ready to get back to work tomorrow! Hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend! Don't forget to get out there and Get Your Run On!


3 comments:

the dawn said...

Can't wait to hear more about your running class. For some reason I have been super hungry to learn all I can about running. I have several books that I'm reading (or just finished reading) and a list that I want to check out from the library...

Glad you got to enjoy the beach a little bit and good work on the training! Looks like it's going awesomely.

Happy fourth!

runnernic.com said...

YAY i'm so glad your home!!!! i cant wait to run in my new kicks and to have you back in my life! :) :) LOVE YOU


&&&&& i'm so proud of you for marathon training... you ROCK GIRLFRIEND!

Evolving Through Running said...

Congrats on wrapping up week one of marathon training. Nice to get the first one under your belt.

I hope the Nimbus work out well for you. I've run in them for about 5 years, and just ordered a pair of the Nimbus 12 to see how they feel. I love the advancements in the shoe technology, but sometimes wish they would leave well enough alone. Aint broke - don't fix it.