Monday, June 21, 2010

decisions...

What a weekend! I had an amazing day Sunday hanging by the pool and hitting up a run later that night. I started out thinking I was going to run three but ended up running four...and it was the best that I have felt running in weeks! It wasn't my fastest time but I didn't feel like I wad going to die! I am really trying to figure out my racing schedule and training plan. There's a chance that Vegas isn't going to happen and I've been looking into another marathon that is in October. I am just unsure at this point. I'm not sure why I have such a drive to do it before the end of the year but I do. I am proud of what I have accomplished this year...I mean for starting running in February I have already completed 2 halfs, a couple 5k, 8k and 10k races! That's great, but I want more. What is your running experience? Am I crazy for wanting to run a full this year?
On another note, we are meeting for a gyro 4 miler at the falling water trails! Any virtual peeps go it and get your run on and let us know how it goes!
Happy Monday!

8 comments:

runnernic.com said...

Ideally the later the marathon in the year is a better idea. The marathon is no joke- I'm not sure what is best for you.. Talk to Brandon or kev about this one.

runnernic.com said...

Ps I loveeeee youuu

abbi said...

Good luck with your decision. I completely understand wanting to do a marathon though. I'm in the same boat, newer runner but everything else has gone so well that I want to tackle the marathon.

teacherwoman said...

I don't think you are crazy for wanting to do a marathon this year! But, there's always 2011! :)

Missy said...

Holy cow! You just started running in February?! You go girl! I thought you had been running for longer than that! That's awesome, I don't think it's crazy for wanting to do a marathon, running gives you the drive to do more, every time I run, I feel better and feel like I can always do more!

Sarah Wooldridge said...

I say go for it :) I'm running the Baltimore Marathon in October. It's on a Saturday and pretty flat. Also, I'm so impressed with your GYRO group. Way to make it happen!! Keep me updated :)

the dawn said...

I wouldn't say you're "crazy"...you're definitely motivated though! I think that making the jump to a marathon is a matter of personal readiness and dedication. It can really add a lot of stress to your life. Whenever I have a marathon on my calendar I end up having to make a lot of sacrifices and change plans so that I can get my running in. For me, marathon training trumps almost everything else. The shorter distances are more forgiving than the marathon. The times I've ran the distance without fully preparing have taught me valuable lessons.

So, basically its up to you and how ready you are for running to literally take over.

Having said all that, there is something amazing about crossing the finish line knowing that you just accomplished something that not many people do. It's definitely worth it! Just figure out when and where the right time is for you and go for it!!

the dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.