Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle...

Three Things Thursday....well, let's see....
1)I'm back in the saddle...running that is! After a long week off, lots of junk food and motrin, I've been able to run the last three days! By Sunday this week, I had made a bowl of cookie dough and ate it while watching shows like Losing it With Jillian (my new favorite) because I was missing my workout SOOO much! I started with a easy recovery run with nicole on Monday after her 1/2 in Chicago of 3 miles...another 3 on Wednesday and 3 tonight. After talking to Brandon, he seems to think that maybe I just increased my milage to fast, so I'm taking it easy. I plan on starting a training plan for my half in August on Monday, but rather than trying to run 25 miles a week, I may cut back to around 15 until I get farther in my plan. I can't believe how hard 3 miles felt today...chalk it up to the weather, my sea legs or what have you...I was super blessed that Nicole was there to push me! Our new phrase of the day...Sparkle like your headband! LOVE IT!

2)GYRO is quickly coming along! So far we have 10 or so peeps interested...some shirts getting ready to head into the screenprint place and we're working on setting a date for our first "larger group" run! Whoot Whoot! Don't worry far away friends, I'll let you know in advance when we plan on running so you can run, too! I was kind of working on something for this Sunday, so if you're in town and want to meet, let me know! Maybe 5 or 6 at the falling waters trail???

3) I'm super excited about a class that I signed up to take called Good Form Runningin Kalamazoo with my GYRO girls Tonya and Nicole! Tonya's husband took this class last week and LOVED IT! Says it was amazing...and I'm thinking because people ALWAYS tell me I slouch when I run, it may be really good to go to for help with my form and such! I'm totally thinking it's going to solve the knee issue too! Yea! I'm really excited about it...if anyone else wants to go, the class was still open and if you're heading from J-town, we could always carpool!

4) Even though it's 3 things, I'm adding one more! I've been super busy with photography lately which I LOVE! I had the best session ever with 2 cute pregos on Tuesday...I just wanted to share a few of my favorites:)










Hope you all have an amazing weekend! I'll be posting on Baby Jaxon turing 18 months next week with new pictures...I'm thinking cowboy boots and diaper...wouldn't that be adorable?


4 comments:

runnernic.com said...

thanks for the run today!your the best!!! i love you!

the dawn said...

LOVE the pictures! You are truly talented!

Can't wait to hear all about the class. Sounds super interesting!

abbi said...

Hi Erika! I'm glad to have found your blog. Your pictures are great and look forward to hearing about your running!

MCM Mama said...

LOVE the preggo pictures! Awesome job.