Sunday, May 23, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend!

What a weekend! we had so much fun and there are so many stories to tell...
first and foremost, I had an amazing birthday! After work my monkeys and I headed up to a little restaurant/bar that I fancy and ate a super yummy dinner. Did I mention that it was pouring? Literally raining so hard that I didn't even bother to do my hair?!? When I pulled up 25 minutes late, I saw my best friend from high school jodi waiting for my on the front steps! She lives in Chicago, so it was an awesome surprise! A lot of my in town friends came too, and so did my old roomie from K-zoo, Tonya! She is running Notre Dame with me (actually she invited me to run with her), but she brought me the coolest gift! An entire "feet" bag...full of stuff to pamper my feet after long runs, socks, super cute flips! Check it out!


What an awesome gift! I also got a sweet wine glass from my bestest running buddy Nicole! It claims that "I never exercise because I might spill my drink!" Ha! It's adorable! Super spoiled by all those around me for sure!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the Road...



tonya rae and I

My brother and I

Seriously girls, put down your cell phones...I think we need rehab!

Me, Ali, Nicole and Abbs!

Jodi and I

Today Nicole and I decided we were going to go for a long run. Suddenly, Michigan decides to turn the heat up to the high 80's! WTH? We started out slow...both of us felt like our legs were made of lead! We changed from 8-10 to 5 miles...and at 2 we decided to run 4. By the time we got to 3 we were both dying a slow and miserable death and decided to walk the last mile. I, for one, am NOT used to running in this crazy heat! Don't get me wrong, I whine ALL winter about the cold, but wow, it's going to take some getting used to!
We then headed to the outlets for some retail therapy...and got our race outfits for our half in two weeks! They are super cute! Stay tuned for a pre-race update!
Then Jax, Lizzie, Nicole and I went to Mongo to cash in our FrEe BiRtHdAy dinners! SUPER YUMMY! Jax wasn't sure at first, but by the end he was digging in for sure!
I decided that next Monday I'm going to run the 7K in Climax...and while I've kind of been a run slacker the last 2 weeks, I'm telling myself I'm trying to let my knee heal up. I'm thinking I may have increased my mileage too fast and I'm getting possibly a smige of patellar tendonitis. I really want to rock out at Notre Dame, so I'll take it easy until then!
I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

5 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

Happy Birthday!

Looks like you had an awesome time. How fun Jodi came into town. :)

BTW...I just love your banner pic. It's so adorable.

the dawn said...

Seriously! What is going on with the heat wave here? Ugh! I'm supposed to get one last 16 miler in, and I'm not sure that I'm going to make it...

So, a sweaty-band is a thin ribbon-like headband. The magic comes with the velvety strip on the back that grips hair and absorbs sweat. I LOVE mine and plan on collecting lots of colors/patterns. I've seen the boni bands...but i'm not sure that I would like something that wide. Yes, I may be a little too vain about race pictures, but I don't like how they look...

SeeGirlRun said...

Oh Happy Belated Birthday - sounds like you had a fabulous celebration!

Yes, humidity sux. Yuck - yuck - yuck! How did we survive last summer?

Missy said...

I definitely feel ya on the heat! I really can't run once it's past 70 degrees, I feel like I am dying literally lol
I live in NC so it's already been hot hot here...so I have to be very picky choosy when I run, either early morning or late evening. Good Luck with the heat!

runnernic.com said...

ahhhhh!!! :)

such a fun weekend! i cant wait for Sunburst!

love you!