Sunday, May 16, 2010

Race Day Divas

Check it out...Nicole and I are local celebs!



Hahaha! We ran the Advanced Packaging 5K this Friday. My goal was to run it under 27 minutes. I was planning on maybe Nicole pace coaching me because we had a really good run earlier in the week and she hadn't been feeling well.
Needless to say, when the gun fired and we rocked out in our big shades and fun race outfits...I was thinking, "wow, we are running really fast." In the picture you can see I'm looking at Jorge...and yikes, we were running a 6:44. I told her to take off and I would do my best.
Finishing time: 26:14
SUPER EXCITED!
Here are some more cute pictures of some of our coworkers that ran as well!





Today, I decided to try and get my 10 mile run in. I have a nice little 5 mile stretch that I could loop around back by my house and grab a drink, but once I got out there, I knew if I ran back past my house I would quit for the day. I decided to take a different route...not such a great idea. Not only was it mostly uphill, my knee started hurting again (part of me is wondering if maybe I needed a drink of water)...but the rest of me felt great! Maybe it was all of the amazing sunshine we were getting?!?! Regardless, it was a really, really, really slow jog/walk and it took me 1 hr 52 minutes to finish. Sigh. I'm just glad it's over.
I need to get a grip because I signed up for another half in just 2 weeks!

On another note, we have a super exciting week ahead of us! Why you may ask?? because it's my birthday! Normally, it's just another day, but I feel that I should really celebrate this one because it's my FIRST 29th birthday. I don't plan on getting any older than that! I still can't believe that I'm going to be 29...it seems crazy! Tonight Jax, Lizzie and I went to Kohl's to find a new birthday outfit and this is what we came up with...


Cute Capri jeans, a champagne color shirt (so cute and can be dressy or casual depending on the pants), gold/silver sandals, bracelet, ring and necklace! All adorable and super cheap because I got a "save an additional 30%" coupon! Whoot! And $20 in Kohls cash to spend next week! Yea for birthdays! We are planning dinner and drinks at the Road House and one of my favorite bands will be playing, so it should be tons of fun!

I would also like to show you the newest addition to our family

Maddie has deemed her Butterball...although I'm not sure where that name came from.I'm not exactly a cat lover, but my kids really seem to love her to pieces. maybe she will grow on me:)

Hope everyone has an amazing week!

5 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Congrats on the fast 5K! And happy birthday!

Missy said...

Congrats on your 5k time, man that's great, I've been working hard to break 30 minutes, haven't made it yet but I'm pushing!

the dawn said...

You guys totally rock those shades! And I love the race outfits. Happy Birthday Week! Really, 30 isn't all that bad, you should give it a chance.... :)

Tara said...

Congrats on the 5K...you totally rocked it! Love the b-day outfit...super cute! I'm turning 28this summer and I've just realized 30 is fast approaching...yikes!

Nicki said...

Love your birthday outfit! These are the shorts you commented on: http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_Shorts-Champion/Women_Shorts_Bestsellers-Champion/CH3874.aspx

I LOVE THEM!! I actually won them in a blog giveaway, but I really want to buy another pair because I like them so much! :)