Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day and week recap!

It feels like it's been forever since I've blogged, but things have been soooo super crazy around here! Between the monkeys, training, taking care of the house, working, birthdays...oh my, it seems like there is NEVER a dull moment!
We had a really great weekend last week...Saturday the monkeys and I went to the store and picked out pots and paints to make for all of the special mama's in our lives:) We then headed to the flower shop...OMG! They were chucking flowers into my cart faster than I could take them out! Ayden is insisting that we plant a garden this year...which could be fun and a learning experience! Anyways, we then went to dinner and headed home to paint pots! Check out these super cute pics of the monkeys painting~









For mothers day, my monkeys got me a super cute plant for my garden and they both made me pens with big flowers on them:) It's tradition in our family that all the girls go to lunch at the Ground Round...this year I was able to go because my amazing brother was zoo keeper for a bit! thanks, Nate!! My mom decided for my mothers day gift, she would let me try to get my long run in for the week!
It was super windy, but the sun was shinning, so I decided to try and get my 8 miles in. I picked a new route to zest up my run...and was doing great until mile 3. Then, terrible left knee pain:( SIGH! I finished up with 7.3 miles, but almost had to call my mom to come get me because I could barely walk!
Monday, Lizzie, Jax and I headed to K-zoo for my 3rd pair of running shoes. This time I got a pair of Saucony's...so I'm hoping these will do! I ran in the water on Tuesday, and yesterday I laced up my new kicks for a run with Nicole...and it was amazing! We ran 4 miles in 34:45 which I've never done, and only a twinge of pain at the end! I think it's because I start slamming my feet when I get tired...I just need to work on my form!
Nicole and I are running the Advanced Packaging 5K tomorrow night! Finally a nice weather run!
Looking forward to a few weeks of intense training because today I signed up for a Sunburst Race with my friend Tonya and Nicole! It's a half June 5th and I'm super pumped! This race ends on the 50 yard line at Notre Dame! I'm hoping to somewhat redeem myself and break my old time! Yea for running. Okay, I know, I'm a dork, but I can't help it:)

Wishing all my fellow runners who are running this week, GOOD LUCK AND ROCK IT!

3 comments:

runnernic.com said...

Yay for cute pics and racing!!! :-)

the dawn said...

Wow, good work on the fast run! What a great time! Hope that the new shoes keep you pain free. Third time's the charm, right?

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! Nice job on the run! WahoO!