Friday, April 30, 2010

Saddle up...

It's been 6 days since my first half, and for the first time, I seriously can't quit thinking about running. It's somewhat consuming me. Looking for races here and there, trying to figure out what to do next...just finishing last Saturday gave me a HUGE boost of confidence. I've jumped into this saddle and buckling down my straps and I'm super pumped!
On Monday, I printed off a training program for another half...this time, I will train properly! It has me running between 20-25 miles per week, which is a lot for me. My workouts have somewhat looked like such:
Monday: kickboxing at lunch and 3 miles after work
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 5 miles in 45 min
Thursday: 3 miles in 25 min
Friday: I'm supposed to run 4, but it's my monkey's b-day and he trumps running:)
Saturday: I'm supposed to run 8, but instead I'm running the Heart of a Spartan 10K instead! I'm super excited because this race ends on the 50yard line at Spartan Stadium and I LOVE MSU!!
I'm running with my cousin Katie and one of her friends! It should be super fun!
Sunday afternoon, I'm supposed to be getting new pictures taken with my monkeys and I'm also super pumped for that! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

No comments: