Sunday, April 11, 2010

Marrowthon

Every year my work does an annual run/walk for some charity. In the past I have always walked, pushing either 1 or both of my monkeys in strollers...but this year I was up for a new challenge. Because of my increase in milage trying to get ready for K-zoo, I had originally signed up to run the 5K. Nicole and I were talking and decided MAYBE I should make it my long run day. So, we decided to meet at 6:50 and try to run 5 miles BEFORE the race so that I could get my 10 mile run in. Because I'm always 5 minutes late everywhere I go, I ended up showing up at 7 and we didn't get started until a little after.
It was so much more fun running with someone. As we started on our journey...we were breathing deep...the nasty smell of doughnuts! Gag! So not a great smell when you're running...and I forgot to mention to her that after I've been running for a mile or so, my stomach goes kind of crazy and I can't stop burping...anyways, we ran uphill "chewing" doughnut smell, and downhill burping the rest of the way around our loop! It made our 4 miles go super quick! At the last minute, I decided to run the 8K, and most of that run was fine, except everyone kept trying to send me in the wrong direction because my bib (?) said 5K on it.
I'm super proud to report that my 8K time was 46:13...not too shabby after running 4 1/2 miles before that! My total for the day was 9.5 miles in 1 hr 26 min. I have to say, I was pretty darn proud of myself. The only problem was that I was STARVING for the rest of the day. Seriously, couldn't get enough to eat!
Today, I woke up and my legs were a little sore, but I went on a nice recovery run of 5 miles (I was going to run 4 but got too far away from home:)
I'm looking forward to getting stronger and running better....and proving Brandon WRONG! Hope everyone has a great week!


4 comments:

Alison said...

You are doing awesome. Keep up the good work. Erin and I ran by your house today. We did a four mile run but ended up doing the biggest hills in bird land. I told her next time we do our long run we need to do a flat course.

runnernic.com said...

I am SOOOOO proud of you!!!! :) I had the best time running with you! :) Its SO good having a running buddy! We should meet and run again this weekend! Its much more motivation when u have a buddy too!!

I think I may end up running at lunch tomorrow... i wanna try my new kicks. As long as the weather is nice... plus im getting addicted again! wheeeeeeeeeee

Morgan said...

Great job out there Erika! So crazy that you and Nicole work together! She was like do you know... Small world! And yet it's not THAT surprising since it's Jacktown. LOL! Your babies are beautiful! Congrats again!

Jackiedlc said...

Hey Erika thanks for stopping by :)

Your babies are PRECIOUS!! and your Running a MARATHON!YOU GO GIRL. Will follow to see how it all goes..

ROCK it GIRL..