Wednesday, April 7, 2010

42 and fit??? No 42 and CRAZY!

First of all, let me introduce you to the newest member of my family...


SAY HELLO TO "JORGE"! MY NEW LATIN RUNNING BUDDY! HA!

I've still been working out...spinning at the YMCA, running and kickboxing...

Well...my friend Nicole talked me into running a half marathon...in three weeks. I've somewhat been training, and I'm excited and nervous about it, but I'm looking forward to meeting goals that I've never though possible! So, I decided that I should probably get some new shoes if I'm going to become a running mad man...

and these are the most comfortable ones I've found! They are Brooks...and so far, I'm loving them. Nicole also brought me a sweet belt to wear while running for my phone and Ipod, and I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY RUN TOMORROW!
So far this past week my runs have looked something like:

Thursday: 7.25 miles
Fri: kickboxing
Sat: 4.5 miles
Sun: rest
Mon: 3.3 miles
Tues: 3.3 miles
Wed: kickboxing

And my kickboxing teacher became a little upset when I couldn't get my heart rate up high enough today, so he decided to try and KILL me during class...with 100 leg throw downs!
Tomorrow, I'm planning on taking out Jorge, new kicks and fun belt on a 4 mile run, an easy 2 on Friday, Race on Saturday and depending on how I feel, I'm going to run 10-11 on either Sunday or Monday. Then plan on tapering down before the big 1/2 the 24th! I'm still trying to find food that works for my belly before a run...but I'm loving it more and more everyday! Here's to losing toe nails! :)


No comments: