Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Suddenly Spinning...

In the heart of all of this crazy training, our work trainer suggested that we head down to the YMCA and sign up so that we can use the pool...and they have a tri-training class which may be interesting if I ever get to that point. So far this week...
~Sat 3 mile on treadmill...I feel like I'm grounded to my basement and can't wait to get the tv working down there again.
~Sunday...um...lazy. Went to a birthday party. Ate cake. Sigh
~Monday, 2 cardiokickboxing classes, both at 80% of my heartrate which counted as 3 hours of workingout as far as my bonus goes.
We then went and toured the Y and it seems that they offer a lot of what maybe sweet classes. One of them that caught my eye was the spinning class. I figured that it would be a great way to train for the bike portion of the tri. So, after work, I went a bought a gel seat pad (as a suggestion of a friend) and called my cousin Mallory to meet me.
~Tonight. Tried to spin. Big fail. Why you may ask? Because their music wasn't working. Sigh. So Sad. I have been looking forward to trying this FOREVER! Seriously, Nicole and I have been talking about it for a least a month. Oh well. I was able to ride for about 50 minutes or so, then I went and ran a mile and a half on the treadmill. Their treadmills...much nicer than mine. It was the first time that I put it so the inclince would change up and down...I'm proud that I was able to keep my 6.0 mph pace (I know, slow, but still...) and sad that I had to cut it short, but I really had to jet and pick up the monkeys.
AND another great thing. Last nights kickboxing class.was.amazing! Mr Eric kicked our butts, seriously! I have had trouble getting my heart rate to stay up now that I'm only hitting with one hand (for a least another month until I can take this damn brace off), but for some reason, yesterday, my average was like 172bpm! That's huge compared to my usual 154 bpm! Sweet!
Hopefully I will get to post about spinning when I try again on either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not quite feeling the motivation to get up and go before work yet. Maybe if I fall in love with it like kickboxing, I might!
Have a great evening!

3 comments:

runnernic.com said...

way to go ezzy e! love you!

Alison said...

The tri class is so much fun. You could totally do it. Let me know if you want to try any other classes. I love most of them.

Alison said...

The tri class is so much fun. You could totally do it. Let me know if you want to try any other classes. I love most of them.