Sunday, February 28, 2010

Safe Soap??

Those of you that know me, know that I try to be thrifty. I cut coupons, won't buy anything unless it is on sale and am okay with buying generic brand things (except for ketchup and salad dressings...somethings, I just won't budge on!) Lately, I've been doing a little research on cleaning products because it's crazy how much some of them cost! My friend started making her own laundry soap which equals out to be 40 cents a gallon, but I'm not quite ready to give up my Tide yet. While at work, I was asking people about their dishwasher detergent because the brand that I've been using....well, I swear, I can taste in on the dishes! Like when using a cutting board...my food tastes nasty, or the kids sippy cups...it was so gross!

(This is the soap, I recommend that even though it's cheaper than the other soap, it's soooo not good for your tasters!)

Anyways, then I was browsing through blogs and I can across Amanda's blog...and she had an idea for homemade dish soap! What? Whooo hooo, I'm willing to try it! I looked at a few stores for Borax, which I couldn't find it, and finally my coworker Barb brought me a Box she found at Target. Mix 2 cups of Borax and 2 cups of baking soda and...


instant diswasher soap! So this weekend, I made some...washed my dishes...verdict...IT WORKED! No nasty taste on my dishes or cutting boards! And my dishes looked clean! I'm super impressed! I'm starting to think that buying expensive cleaning supplies is overrated! Any other fun ideas or suggestions?

No comments: