Thursday, February 4, 2010

5 MILES DOWN....

Today I met a personal goal...not the one that I had intended on reaching, but I am still pleased with my progress. I ran 5 miles. Without stopping. I had originally wanted to run 6, but since I haven't eaten yet today, I decided to stop at 5 because I was starting to feel a little light headed. My first two miles were ok...my pace was 6.0 and I was doing all right. Then I slowly started tapering down my speed because my L knee was a little achy and my head was a little dizzy. I finished the 5 miles in 59 minutes. Not great, but hey, I'm pleased as hell. If I had a treadmill like they do here, I would run everyday! These puppies are like Cadillacs of treadmills...I had my own little tv right in the screen!
Tomorrow I'm going to do it again, this time, after eating a light snack and I'm not stopping until I get to 6...even if I'm crawling on the belt!
DC is expecting a huge storm tomorrow...18-24 inches of snow is what I heard! Oh yikes! Hopefully I won't get stuck here and I can hurry back to my monkeys!
Day 1 of training, complete!!! WHoot whooot!

1 comment:

runnernic.com said...

soooo proud of you!!! love you sister!!!!