Saturday, January 16, 2010

Shred...day 2

Today was day 2 of Shred. When I woke up this morning, I was only a little sore. Mostly my quads and pecs. We had a super busy morning with dance, basketball and a massage (my friend Julie is in the massage therapy program and has clinics which means free massages, yea!) Anyways, all day I was thinking about where I was going to fit shred in my day with the monkeys whom are all high maintence today. I finally settled after dinner.
Before starting our workout, we were looking around the house for hand weights. I finally settled on 2 big jars of peanut butter (I'll have to hit the store tomorrow for some real weights) Maddie had two cans of soup and AJ had jar of mayo and a can of peaches. We made it 15 minutes into the workout before both kids pooped out and baby Jaxon was making it impossible (push ups are way hard with one hand and a kid on your back:)
I finally got the monkeys to bed and decided that since I was almost through the shred workout, I would try a jog on the treadmill. My friend Nicole said I really needed to get it off of the incline but I still can't figure it out, so I took one of my scrapbooking tables and propped up the end. It was a tiny bit to high, but way better than running uphill. So drumroll...
I made it 4 miles. Without stopping.
Ok, so my pace may have been a little slow, but I don't really care. I've NEVER been able to run 4 miles without saying, screw this, I'm done. I think I finished in 43 minutes or so. I am eager to see what my time would be on a "normal" treadmill.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

yay! I'm SOOO proud of your 4 mile run! Thats awesome erika! way to go girl!!!!!