Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2

I work in a great place. Every afternoon from 1-5 I get to hang in an aquatic pool with patients. I love the water. Today I had a huge gap in my schedule, so I decided to try a jog on the treadmill. Running in the water is WAY different than running on land. I started out at 5.5mph and increased to 6.5 mph for the first 10 minutes, then jogged for 20 more minutes at 6.5mph. I wish I could run the half marathon underwater...it may be much easier! My legs were a little tired when I was finished, but I wasn't breathing so hard that I couldn't carry on a conversation. I've been researching web sites trying to find a running program to help convince myself that I CAN beat the 3 mile block. I always quit at three miles...I feel like I just can't get over the hump. I get bored, distracted, start questioning my sanity...the list goes on and on. Any advice on how to get past it?
Well, two days in and 40 to go! Woot, woot, fitness here we come!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

great job E!! im so proud of you!! keep with it and it will get easier i promise. getting over the 3 mile hump is hard but i know you can do it!!! day 2 in the bag!!! love you!

Alison said...

Way to go!! I also hate running. I had been running before I met Rob and was up to 6 miles. But, I didn't stretch and buy new shoes so I developed 2 stress fractures. I haven't been able to get back into running. I am looking at you to be an inspiration for me to start running. If I start running we could run together this summer.

Alison said...

Off topic.. Are you still taking professional pictures? Let me know and prices.

We should get together sometime I will bring lincoln over. Let me know when works for you.