Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And we're running...

I am so glad to be back to kickboxing class. I have missed it A. FRICKEN.LOT! Yesterday I ran 3 miles (1.5 on land, 1.5 in water)...I'm finding that if I can get past the first 15 minutes or so of a run, I'm not dying. Are you ready for some crazy news...
Um. I think I posted before about my challenge to run a half marathon with my friend Nicole, but our work is training for a triathalon. I grew up with a pool in my backyard, and I worked as a life guard for, idk, 11 years or something crazy, but I HATE LAKES. I'm a pool brat. I want to see the bottom, smell the chemicals...and seaweed, hell no.
But, to date, there are 21 people who are signed up to do this triathalon this July. So, after lots of considering...I think I may take the challenge. 1/2 mile swim, ok, 15 mile bike ride (seems crazy, but should be ok), and 4 mile run, gulp. My farthest I've ever ran to this point is 4 miles. I need to find a good training schedule if I really want to achieve these goals that I'm setting for myself this year. Any advice?
Still shredding...sigh* I'm trying to push through it and do this exercise for 42 days straight, but I feel tired...(and the martinis we drank last night are not helping the situation!)
I'm sure excited to be leaving for DC next Thursday...looking forward to the class I'll be taking! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

SHM said...

dang, go girl with the trithalon! i hate swimming in general, no matter where it is, so i couldn't do what you're doing!

Nicole said...

yay triathalon!