Saturday, February 7, 2009

funny moment...

Ayden has been sick for the past couple days, and after being cooped up in te house for three days, we decided to try and take him outside for some fresh air. After we went to the basketball game, we got in the car and he started with on of his coughing attacks, and the conversation went something like this:
A: Mom, my heart hurts.
M: Where?
Ayden points to his ribs
Me: You mean your ribs hurt from coughing?
A: No, it's my heart, it hurts. I think this is what it feels like to have a baby.
Me, trying really hard not to laugh: I'm sure it hurts honey, but you're not having a baby.
A: No, this hurts like having a baby.

Liz and I about lost it at this point, it was so sweet and I felt so bad for him. Of course then followed a thousand questions about what it feels like, and is there a zipper in my tummy. Oh my.

Another funny moment, I took Maddie to the movies with Hillary and Olivia. I think during the 2 hour movie, Maddie asked well over 100 questions. Funny enough, she though it was big news to announce to the entire theater that she also "pooped in the potty!" Talk about wanting to crawl under the chair! My goal tomorrow is to take an hour and count how many questions a day that child really asks. And nothing is out of the question.

1 comment:

NiC said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA