Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh no...Ayden Joe!!!





So...after a great night with the girls at the wedding, I got in the car and checked my phone...only to see I missed a call from my mom. I called her back (she was watching my monkies at our family Halloween party) because I figured she was calling to find out what time I would be heading home. Instead the conversation went more like this...

me..."hey, what's up?"

"Don't panic..."(a conversation that starts like this is never good), "but I'm on my way to Med Plus with Ayden."

"What's wrong???" slight choking feeling at this point...

"They were playing and he fell and I think he broke his arm..."

"What??? Holy hell..." (not to mention I can hear him sobbing in the background)

Okay, now I know that I'm an hour away and there's nothing that I can do to make him feel better, but damn, you just have to cry because you really wish it was you hurting and not them. It breaks my heart...we ended up taking him to the ER, and he smiled (literally, flashed the biggest grin ever) when he got his x-ray, and we headed home with a sling, some drugs, and an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor on Monday. This is part of the reason that Rachel's pictures are going to be a little delayed...but he's doing well, and he was mad at me for not letting his ride his "dirtbike" today.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

poor ayden... :( i hope he is okay!